Anonymous
Years ago

Mark Jackson named Golden State Warriors coach

http://es.pn/kALVeb

He finally scores himself a coaching gig after narrowly missing out a few times over the last few years.

He is a great leader, well spoken and I think a good appointment. He'll bring out the best in these players and help develop them.

The article is interesting and points out Jackson will become the 6th former PG to be a Head Coach currently in the league.

Your thoughts on this hiring please.

Topic #25682 | Report this topic

MB  
Years ago

Best aspect of the hiring is now we don't have to listen to his absolutely awful commentary.
Though I will miss Jeff Van Gundy disproving every comment he has.

Reply #320076 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I don't know much about his skills as a coach. I hope for the Warriors sake that he turns their team culture around and they start learning to play some defence. They've had some great players to watch over the years, but they haven't had a coach/ ownership that's committed to winning.

Are they willing to completely overhaul their team? That will be the acid test. I saw one interesting rumour thrown out there already: Monta Ellis for Iguodala. Not enough to turn the team around by itself, but Iggy would be a good, reliable vet to add, whose slashing ability would nicely complement the long range shooting of Curry and Dorrell Wright.

Reply #320079 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Obvious problems with starting Ellis and Curry.

Both great scorers, but both aren't very committed to playing defence. Teams can get away (usually) with having one bad defensive player on the court, but the Warriors 2 perimeter starters are defensively non-existent.

They need to trade one of those players. Id hope they keep Curry because he is still young and I think he can adjust to a new team culture the best. Ellis is a great scorer, but perhaps his attitude isn't in accordance with the notion of defence..

Reply #320080 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

MACDUB, agree on the trade idea. I'm fairly that the club to get a decent trade out of Ellis to another club. I'd offer him to Houston for Kevin Martin.

Decent scorer and better defender. Either that or you trade Ellis for a PG and rotate Curry round to SG. Can't think of any decent PG's in the league that would want to go to GS though.

Reply #320089 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I don't think Houston would give up Martin for Ellis. Would seem like a sideways trade for both sides. Both are elite scorers who play little to no defence.

Reply #320091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is a great commentator, i will miss the "not on my watch"

Reply #320112 | Report this post

GD  
Years ago

So, can we expect the warriors to be making a lot of "grown man moves" now?

Reply #320115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't this his first coaching job? If that's the case then I don't agree with it. Too many good experienced coaches out there

Reply #320119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

love jackson as a commentator, unlike most people

Reply #320142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im one for thinking he is an awful commentator, very glad he will be gone. Here's hoping he signes Van Gundy as his assistant so we can get a whole new commentry team as they are painful together.

Reply #320144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mark jackson was a good commentator as well as van gundy, they were a great combo...
van gundy was a good nba coach
and so will jackson be
"muma there goes that man!"
"hand down, man down!"
all these quotes we will miss... dont disrespect a great player, a great commentator and im sure will be a great coach... mark jackson has contributed more to basketball than most of us could ever imagine....
i think he will have a discipline defensive system will an expolisive and up temp offence...
look out for the warriors to be big improvers with one or two good signings/ trades!

Reply #321149 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Yeah, love Jackson's commentary, sorely missed for me :(

Reply #321151 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754