Big Sexy
Years ago

Sixers to announce new CEO

Sixers had a press conference today to announce their new CEO, anyone have any news on who it is?

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/2011/june/36ers-to-reveal-new-ceo/

Topic #25705 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Shaq?

Reply #320421 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I guess more importantly at the announcement was there any talk of next player signing and rest of formation of the team .
Thought with them wanting season holders to sign up by end of week that they might have some more signings to encourage people to believe again

Reply #320425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Female named Leanne Brandford I heard on the radio.

Reply #320426 | Report this post

Seriously  
Years ago

this could be great for the club. Signing up by the end of the week is the benefit for the ticket holder as we are the ones that got the discount for renewing early. I dont need to hear a signing to believe in my club and with the lockout why would they want to sign anymore up so soon.

Reply #320427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai?

Reply #320428 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

kelsee springwells? on wiki.

Reply #320431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol - Kelsee Sringwells is some kid who updated Wikipedia to say what he wanted - look him up on facebook.

New CEO is Leanne Grantham - former State and Australian player.

Reply #320433 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Serious seriously so you dont believe that if we had signed Ervin and a top C-- PF or similar by now that the ticket sales would have not been up by 10 --20 % more And that is surely why you offer early payment offers to entice as many as possible as early as possible to not only give income a kick start but get some positives happening all round .
Seriously how long have you been a season ticket holder and have you had a serious look around the stadium especially in key season ticket areas to see the spaces that have appeared larger over the last few years .
Season ticket holders were the strength of club and need to be encouraged to fork out again in hope .
All of them not just you and me.
Why would you want to leave both your import spots in case the lockout lasts and wait weeks or months to sign then lose them when NBA commences again .
Seriously

Reply #320434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the new CEO good looking?

Reply #320435 | Report this post

E=MC2  
Years ago

bretts the man - thank god you aren't running the club. It takes two people to make a signing champ - the club have publicly stated they have made an offer to Ervin, and are waiting on his response - how can they change that? They can't make him make a decision.

They also very publicly stated they wanted Schensch - but he used the 6ers like a $2 hooker to negotiate his price up in Townsville. What are they supposed to do in that situation. They made a big play at Gibbo - again, used the other clubs in the NBL to get his GC salary up.

All of this makes me think they are pretty serious about getting the team in the right shape, and I for one am confident and hopeful they will get Ervin - but am going to pay for membership regardelss, so have signed up now, and gotten the discount for my show of faith.

Yes, you offer an early bird discount to get people to sign up early and get things moving, but also to entice those that are reluctant to sign. Do you think the early bird would have run this long if they had signed Gibbo and Schensch? there would be no need for the earlybird.

Reply #320437 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I've yet to run into one of these $2 hookers mentioned, beginning to think they are along the same lines as God or Santa :(

Reply #320441 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Usually the earlybird offer has been to go in the running to win something. I can't remember the Sixers ever offering a discount for earlybird sales before.

I am more than happy for bretts the man to wait for the team to be finalised before purchasing tickets - that is more money in the club's pocket. Earlybird should be reserved for those who will buy tickets regardless and not for fairweather supporters.

Reply #320444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarification - Adelaide 36ers in Australia. Not Philadelphia 76ers in USA.

Reply #320447 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Good luck to Leanne...she has her work cut out for her!

Reply #320450 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Firstly I dont know where you come from E=MC2 and secondly I am not your champ.
They dont really matter but responding to what someone post rather than what you want to argue is I would think important .
Read my 1st post again where I indicated I hoped they would have some signings to match promotion as I guess they thought they would have as well as their email of 2 weeks ago indicated .
As said to Seriously not about you or me it is those holders we have been regularly losing last few years and last year did nothing to entice them back .

My 2 nd email was about not waiting to pick off a fringe NBA player for reasons shown nothing about not waiting for Ervin which i believe worth waiting .
Question is how long especially as they have said the have great 2nd option and seems holding up other signings . But worth waiting for although I think Schens was never going to happen so need to be sure still have good chance.
Remember waiting to pick our imports was a disaster last year.

Reply #320452 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Very experienced, knowledgeable lady. Great player in her day who is highly respected inside and outside basketball. I believe Leanne was recently the CEO of SA Great.

Reply #320453 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Great signing for the 36ers getting Leanne on board.

Has been involved in the sport for many, many years, served on the Basketball Australia board for a while too (from memory).

Was also instrumental in running the basketball component for the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne.

SOS have made a really positive signing with this, lets see if they can do the same on the pine!

Reply #320454 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

XY usually appreciate your postings but think you are wrong on 2 occasions .
I have my 6 tickets already OK
Early Bird or any special is not aimed at certain purchasers it is to entice those uncertain.
Unless of course club has a real cash flow problem otherwise giving away your profits

Reply #320456 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

My correction - I believe Leanne was actually CEO of SA Major Events.

Reply #320457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great appointment by the Club
to my knowledge
Ran woman's soccer for Australia
CEO World Master Games
CEO of Events SA
CEO of WNBL
Basketball Australia Board

As mentioned well repected in the sport

Reply #320459 | Report this post

Alison Charter  
Years ago

That's a very wise appointment. Well done Sixers on that selection. I have known of her work for quite a while and she has a successful history.

Reply #320474 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If she was involved in the Comm Games then she probably also has a working relationship with Larry Sengstock and, assuming it is a decent one, that cant hurt either.

Reply #320481 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Is she the Lightning team Manager last year??????

Reply #320482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No she wasn's was in Sydney ast year running womans soccer

Reply #320487 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Good decision to appoint Leanne.
Now we got to find a good coach and point guard.

Reply #320499 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I noticed on the radio during the day
the first female NBL CEO.
On TV news tonite, Leanne wanted it understood that
current membership 2,700 is not enough and that'll need to be lifted to 3,500 , as her first job.

Reply #320500 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Not the nbls first , cairns had a female CEO a few years back

Reply #320501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I need to know who they are siging before i purchase my tickets.... one thing to finish last, another to play as boring as they did last season with the 'talent' they had. Ill be happy to wait off and see who they can impress me, the consumer with.

Reply #320506 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

If you are like me and will get your membership regardless i would just renew now to save you the cash. I understand wanting to know the formation of the team but if you are going to hop on anyway you might as well save some cash.

Reply #320508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have the right to do that Anon...

And you'll pay 5% more for that right!

You also have the right to sign up after July 1st - but if you do, you don't get the right to the seat you had last season.

Reply #320509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She is Boti's ex wife

Reply #320510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

510 wrong Boti has always been married to Ilze
Leanne christie married Andy blicavs andy is Ilze brother, which means at some stage in the early adult hood, Leanne & Boti were brother and sister in laws with their respective spouses being siblings.

Christie & Blicavs divorced she married Reg Grantham.

Reply #320516 | Report this post

Hugh  
Years ago

Like sands through the hour glass.......

Reply #320538 | Report this post

Red43  
Years ago

Leeanne never married Andy Blicavs.

Reply #320558 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

What a schizophrenic thread!

Reply #320561 | Report this post

Avon Barksdale  
Years ago

Reg Grantham was a player and state league and SEABL coach

Reply #320577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #320591 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:54 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754