Jack Toft
Years ago

R10 ABL Action

We're over the hump and after a long weekend break, the teams should be refreshed and ready to slog out the next 9 rounds. It’ll be like a Saturday night out with Kevin Foley. For some, their season is already over, for others, they will need to services of MacGyver and his paper clip to get them out of trouble and into finals, and some have booked a place and just need to turn up. Some of theses battles over the next 9 rounds will be as fierce as two JDO’s fighting over a six foot six twelve year old. Just remember, when a coach says "We're a team in transition." You know they're usually going from bad to worse.

Sturt-Norwood @ Pasadena
Women: Should be the MOTR this one. For Sturt, Madgen has been in good form and you know you’re good when the critics come out to have a go at you. Let’s face it, everyone’s favourite team is the team you go for, plus the team playing Sturt. Tonight that team is Norwood, who have got both the men’s and women’s top spot at the moment. Simon “Cheshire Cat” Pritchard must be one happy man after going 9-0 in the first half, but must realise his team will be fiercely hunted in the return leg of the draw. Sturt are about the only team who can knock them off their perch. Better get the best umpires here, one bad call will cost the game.
Men: A double MOTR at Pasadena. Sturt have not been their usual dominant force this season but could be lulling us into a false sense of security ready to strike. The Flames have played away a lot this year and have not lost on the road so far. West beat Sturt at their last home game apparently causing one spectator to spill his cheeky little Adelaide Hills pinot noir and choke on his lobster, imagine that. The Ninja has been on fire for the Sabres but didn’t play in the R1 clash. Averaging 22 ppg at 43% he has been their leading scorer, and deadly from the arc effectively getting half his output from that range. Webber, A, is the leading scorer for the Flames and has been in similar form, albeit not throwing up as many shots, but getting more assists and steals. With Jacob back on deck, Sturt have better than half a chance against the Flames talls. This is the GF preview.

South-Centrals @ Marion
Women: South are looking for payback after a one point loss in round 1. Lionesses have found their roar this season and are sitting in the top 4. A lot of their drive has come from Mahony who has helped to lift her pride to uncharted territory. They have improved more than South and should win the bin cat battle tonight.
Men: South have been the Jeckle and Hyde team of the comp and are searching for consistency to secure their finals spot. Centrals have been solid for most of their game time, but have consistently found new ways to plate up wins to the opposition like a masterchef competitior who forgets the sauce. In the pressure test tonight, Casella and Whitmore are likely to plate up a surprise and whoever is more desperate will win tonight. The highlight of the night should be the Johnson-Carlin tussle.

Southern - Forestville @ South Siberia
Women: Both teams seem pretty evenly matched with the Eagles going down by 2 in R1 so this will be closer than most think. Eagles seem to get a lot of their momentum from Minnear and we all wait with anticipation to see whether Borrego suits up. Cunningham and Spencer are young Tigeressess doing well and if Minnear and Fergus can be controlled, then the Tigeressess may just dig 1 talon into the top 5. The Men’s game might be a bit delayed with some OT likely.
Men: The Tigers have been chained to the bottom of the table like a bikie informer to an old stove in the gulf. Poor offense has been their downfall. The Eagles have been all offense with Rashad Tucker going just over 20 ppg and playing like a man looking for a Sixers spot. The Tigers need to get on top early or else Eagles will be clearing their bench by halftime.

West – Eastern @ Port
Women: West blew Eastern out of the way in R1 and there’s no reason why history shouldn’t repeat in R10.
Men: West have gone about their business racking up wins like a wharfie racking up overtime. Defensively, they are one of the better teams. Eastern have been like an insurance company. Promise everything before the event, then don’t deliver in crunch time. 3 & 6 is not an indication of their potential. Both teams have played better away than at home, but the defensive effort of West should overcome the offensive output from the Mavs. Bearcats by 4.

Woodville – North @ St Clair
Women: The young Warriors will be looking for their first home win and North looking to keep in touch with the 5. Defence, or the lack of it, is holding the Warriors back and should see North run out by about 10.
Men: The Warriors find themselves in uncharted territory in the top 5. It’s been about 6 seasons and several FUICs ago (and one flannelette shirt ago). Can Al keep a lid on the excitement? North flicked a switch in R5 and have won 5 on the trot. The departure of Carter is set to challenge them, but the resurgence of North can be put down to York’s ability to draw the most from her squad. Woodville got the honours by 1 point in R1 and have have strengthened with the Z man since then. There’s plenty of reasons why both teams should win this one, but North seem to have more options, more offense and more momentum.

Topic #25716 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another good write up ... Hope there is another write up for Sundays games......

Reply #320612 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

R11 coming tomorrow

Reply #320617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Madgen won't be there for the sturt v norwood. she was picked in the opals touring team. does this change you predictions?

Reply #320621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daly either. He is off touring with the ABL select team to China.

Reply #320626 | Report this post

Tiger Fan  
Years ago

Good write up and you hit the nail on the head for the Tigers.

POOR OFFENSE

Problem is they haven't cleared their bench all year and that is were their better shooters sit.

Its great to focus on D but when you can't score more than 60 consistently you would want to be the greatest defensive team that ever played.

Reply #320635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will brine be back for north?

Reply #320649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Brine is back the game could get salty!

Reply #320654 | Report this post

Ammon  
Years ago

Wharfie racking up overtime....

Awesome as usual jack!

And agreed with Southern, pure shooters warming the bench, with guys stuggling to get near the ring jacking up 10+ shots a game.

Reply #320655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The tigers defense is god awful too. Their zone defense against sturt had more holes than the bible.

Reply #320662 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

how much does it cost to get into an ABL game these days? specifically, at Pasadena.

Reply #320669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$15

Reply #320670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isnt Pasadena $30 with a complimentary pinot noir and lobster tail?

Reply #320671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every week should read for woodville.. Probably won't win but they have been having some good wins this season. Same thing every week

Reply #320678 | Report this post

The Matrix  
Years ago

"Eastern have been like an insurance company. Promise everything before the event, then don't deliver in crunch time."

Love that quote

Reply #320690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south girls have had other player quit aba

Reply #320707 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

$7 I think for ABA entry at Pasadena - but no pinot or lobster

Reply #320708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who quit south girls?

Reply #320729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be sure to read the preview of the brilliantly promoted ABL games by the BSA experts as they are working feverishly on it and it should be out just after they play. The game reviews, if your Forestville inclined, are always a good read..........

Reply #320731 | Report this post

if no madgen for sturt - will keep their offence down - norwood easy

Reply #320737 | Report this post

Simmons  
Years ago

Speaking of the BSA Write-ups:

"However, Tom Daly will miss this game."

"The Point Guard battle between Flames veteran Todd Matthews and Sturt youngster Tom Daly could be crucial."

FAIL.

Reply #320770 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Nothing surprises with BSA- have they ever got things right - only in their minds

check out aba TEAMS ON SPORTING pulse one braithwaite plays for 2 clubs ???

Reply #320791 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Did you bother emailing them to point out an error, or just come on here to bitch about it?

Of course you are probably perfect and never made a mistake in your life.

Reply #320794 | Report this post

clarkeisout  
Years ago

Credit where credit is due, the abl write up is a more detailed and comprehensive one than they have posted for a while while Jack be nimble has let the flattery go to his head and is not up to his previous standard.

Reply #320807 | Report this post

Simmons  
Years ago

"Did you bother emailing them to point out an error, or just come on here to bitch about it?"

Shouldn't have to. It's called proof reading.

Reply #320808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south have lost at least three of there aba players this season. Not good as they only have a few juniors in there squad.

Reply #320820 | Report this post

southof theborder  
Years ago

Think it's just as big a problem that south don't have any juniors coming through, no 18 div 1 and very little on the horizon below that. Coach last year should have culled the older issue players and the present coach seems to have the same head set of living in the past.

Reply #320824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not from South and am wondering... if there aren't any juniors coming through how does the coach (present or past) cull players or go in a new direction? Surely recruiting is the only option in the short term. Meanwhile focussing on getting high quality junior coaches back to the club and building a base with strong fundamentals, putting the kids first rather than focussing on results (already getting smacked in most age groups) and having a back bone rather than letting the few good kids coming through dictate how it's gonna be.

It's always easiest from the outside looking in, when I see a lot of the South kids first thing I notice is the poor fundamentals. Can't use non dominant hand, poor foot work, little understanding of spacing, slow rotations if any... I want to be constructive here...As I see it there needs to be a core group of coaches, preferably boys and girls, that are focussed on getting better by any means necessary. Could do worse than to rock up to some of the Men's ABA trainings, SASI (or whatever it will become), state team trainings etc. I'm not at every session mentioned by a long shot but I can't remember the last time I saw a South coach at any of these sessions? And definitely not a young up and coming coach.

Until these types of things start happening I don't see anything changing at the senior level.

Reply #320839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South had 10 juniors in the abl program last year and there are now 2. The current coach has shown no interest in juniors, where previous seasons they were making steps to bring youth into the team.

Reply #320891 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

South lost 8 female junior players prior to this season, thats the reason there is no U18 Div 1. Some of those girls were getting nurtured by the previous ABA coach, but once he left there was no succession plan.
The girls junior program at South has imploded. No Div One teams in U12, U16 and U18.
Their best performed juniors are in U10's. U14s have one won game.
Unfortunately the loss to the girls program will have a significant impact on their ABA program. Their only chance is to "recruit". But it is not looking good.
Boys program seems Ok.
Shame really, it is a nice close knit club but lacks vision and leadership.

Reply #320893 | Report this post

jughead  
Years ago

south didnt lose any players that was going to make a difference. at seniors you play the best you have got old or young.

Reply #320923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south women won by 50 tonight.

Reply #320924 | Report this post

Ammon  
Years ago

Feagles women over Tigers by 35ish. Fergus 26, Minear 25, Borrego 16 & 10

Tigers men up by 9 at the half. Feagles super slow start. Scores at 4min mark 1st quater were, Tigers 22 Eagles 2.

Reply #320926 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

Sturt men Defeat Norwood men by 2 points.

A. Webber missed midrange shot on the buzzer to send it into over time.

Bit of biff during the game as expected.

Reply #320927 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Borrego's first game , an "A"

Reply #320929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south have three juniors in there abl squad

Reply #320931 | Report this post

Ammon  
Years ago

Borrego played well. Southerns feable defense and inability to work out she could only go one way made for alot of easy baskets. Still played tough D in the post, and rebounded the ball well.

Reply #320932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West Men without Dowdell over Mavs in OT

Reply #320933 | Report this post

Fringe Dweller  
Years ago

Dismill display by the lionesses,undisciplined, unaccountable and unorganised.

Reply #320936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are we talking about South men or women? South men have 5 juniors in the actual ABL ten and another five juniors I at least know of in the ABL squad.

Much more than two.

Reply #320937 | Report this post

green57  
Years ago

annon #893

You really think that South's boys program seems OK? Wow, you must have extremely low standards.
The whole club is a basket case at the moment.

Reply #320947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fringe dweller I agree whilst South played well and jumped out of the blocks. Centrals were a rabble who seemingly chose not to listen to the coach and wanted to run their own game. Cummins particular attitude bordered at times on the disgusting - role model for the younger ones, I think not.

Reply #320951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood women up over a madgenless sabres.. scrappy game with some questionable calls from the refs... norwood are looking the goods... they go very deep.

Reply #320958 | Report this post

Fringe Dweller  
Years ago

anon 951. Credit to South they did their home work.

Todd did his homework to and deserved better. Some serious soul searching by a number of key players needed as for Cummins better she channel frustrations into her defense rather than blaming everyone else for her undisciplined performance

Reply #320960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Todd did his homework well and his team did not deliver.
I think you will find cummins (and Mahoney) has poured her heart and soul into the centrals team this year and there has been no improvement. Her frustrations are now spilling into games. She would be the first to put her hand up and accept responsibility for the poor performance. She does need to be mindful of how her behaviour is perceived.

Reply #320965 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Green57.

Point taken. It's all relative. By Ok I mean they have plenty of numbers in the boys and field Div1's in all that age groups.
As for performance, yes, more often than not it is a matter of basket-case over basket-ball.
Some of the boys who recently transitioned from U18s to U23/ABA have provided some inspiration to the young ones.
There are some very good players in the boys coming through and they will shine in their team, but the team will not shine overall.
It seems to be a rite of passage from Juniors to Seniors to the Panther Army and then onto ABA.

SABC appears seem more dedicated towards the boys program, but very complacent in general.

Can a Club remain a Club with only one program ?

Reply #320968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Todd did his homework well and his team did not deliver.
I think you will find cummins (and Mahoney) has poured her heart and soul into the centrals team this year and there has been no improvement. Her frustrations are now spilling into games. She would be the first to put her hand up and accept responsibility for the poor performance. She does need to be mindful of how her behaviour is perceived.

Reply #320969 | Report this post

Fringe Dweller  
Years ago

Why is it that everyone makes excuses for Cummins, no denying she is passionate and has 100% work ethic but would do well to chanel Mahoney's court demeanour into her own game. If she wants to make a difference then she needs to find a better way of "leading" this group so that she makes most of her passion rather than sabotaging her own efforts.

Reply #320970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Todd will help cummins. Her heart is in the right place. I guess we all need to remember where centrals has come from and how hard it would be to 'change' the culture. I know I would not be able to do it - who has stepped up previously - no one! There would be a lot of pressure. Let's see how the group bounces back from this.

Reply #320972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Todd will help cummins. Her heart is in the right place. I guess we all need to remember where centrals has come from and how hard it would be to 'change' the culture. I know I would not be able to do it - who has stepped up previously - no one! There would be a lot of pressure. Let's see how the group bounces back from this.

Reply #320973 | Report this post

Fringe Dweller  
Years ago

Todd will help Cummins but only if she is prepared to listen and has the PATIENCE. Agreed the "culture" change is enormous and there are improvements being seen already but only with a long term committed approach will this ensure success.

Reply #320977 | Report this post

Ammon  
Years ago

Norwood just over a madgenless sturt, but only just. Bring her back in and Norwood will need to execute better offensively.

Reply #320981 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

South and at least one other club have poor leaderships and fast fading junior programs. Perhaps they need to get together and do a reality check. NO planning - same old - South heading South but dont dare question why ? Heads in sand.

Reply #320984 | Report this post

phobos11  
Years ago

#984 - I'd say there are three clubs in that situation - South, North and Woodville.

Reply #320985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed south has no direction, but In th women's program juniors have been pushed away in the past 6 months. Bunce, Nicholls, crisp, richards, Taylor, Brooksby, byrne, Foran all players that have logged junior minutes in previous years even limited minutes but are now not even getting a look in to abl or have left the club or sport! Sure individually these players may not have been stars but a fairly strong group of young kids and certainly capable of putting up the pathetic 4-7 record that the dinosaurs have produced (5-13 come seasons end) Without the juniors when the club gets smart and gets rid of Vicki and the babied seniors like Evans, Rokicinski, Johnson, Crockford, peddle, Ridley retire there will be no women's program left and the only people They can blame is themselves. Maybe they can fill it with their div 2 teams from juniors. At least Kwiatkowski and Litster knew to jump from the sinking ship!

Reply #320994 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

BSA perhaps need to ask these under performing clubs to put forward a plan of dev. North South and Woodville girls programs are deplorable - what is going on.Its Not Good for the sport.

Reply #320997 | Report this post

Worried  
Years ago

I hope none of these 'anonymous' posters are parents who have failed to attend AGM's when Committee positions are available, to try and help the Club.

There have been up to 5 people who have remained on the Committee for years after their children finished playing the game, only becuase they didn't want to let the club down.

I can tell you at one AGM, only one person attended who was not either already on the Committee or had already agreed to join the committee!

Not good from 30+ Junior teams!

Reply #321000 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Not sure which club you are referring to- but their in lies the problem - no change same dinosaurs.Same old new day - closed shop and new blood not welcome.
Given up on AGM. Nothing New.

Reply #321003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does every Jack Toft ABL review end up in a slanging match about junior development - cant you take it to another thread, or even better, discuss it at your club!

Reply #321007 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

south is in the rebuilding process!! how narrow minded are the people who want to remove what keeping this club together! There are 3 deservant juniors in the womens program at present! the problem is that in the past the junior have been babied, and clearly that was not successful!!

Reply #321028 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

as someone outside looking in, it looks to me that changes have been made in the men and womens abl program and a much better standard of basketball is being played! Change has been made for the better, and it will take a lot longer than half a season to rebuild a club that has had no direction at all in the past!

Reply #321031 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Took Woodville apart so at least ahead of that group.

Reply #321034 | Report this post

oldnotbroken  
Years ago

034, You need to set the bar a bit higher than Woodville because your team only beat a team with all juniors by 18. Not sure I'd be bragging just yet.

Reply #321040 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

oldnotbroken, other teams above them have beaten them by less my friend!!

Reply #321041 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Who are the all Juniors that you speak of? Unless you think a team that the average age is about 27 is a team of Juniors...

Reply #321043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trying to follow this whithout naming clubs and teams is a bit like doing a cryptic crossword minus the clues

Reply #321045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well if south do not use there juniors in the aba all three of them they will have no juniors at all next season...they better have a hard look

Reply #321069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well watch the div 2 women game tonight one of the junior girls played really well and was quite outstanding and i think she might have even top scores so why is she not being used in the games

Reply #321070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For Christ sake, you have left the club, your court time and playing ability hasnt changed since you have been at your new club, your parents still try and make themselves indispensible while all the time underminding the potential rivals. Move on........

Reply #321071 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

to anon #070

Getting on here and bitching about your daughter not getting on at ABL is really not going to help her cause with the head coach!!!!

The pressure at Div 2 women is nowhere near as hard as it is at ABL. So to compare them is a joke.

Just be happy with the minutes your daughter got and if you have an issue grow up and speak to the head coach why she is not getting on.

At the end of the day this is Senior's NOT juniors. You are not guaranteed minutes just because you've come to training.

Speak to any senior player and they will say they had to sit on the bench for a number of years before they even got shit minutes at the end of a blow out. Its called paying their due's.

So to be complaining after 1 1/5 years of being in a squad is just plain stupid.

Reply #321103 | Report this post

June Bug  
Years ago

More importantly.

None of those juniors that were given an opportunity at South were ever going to be regular ABA players.

All that has happened is that they are now seeing what level they really are.

How can someone who never has won at Junior or Senior level believe that they are deserving of a spot in front of players who have continuously been more successful?

Reply #321115 | Report this post

Another slant to your south dilemma might be that, if the seniors are only keeping you in the bottom three wouldn't you better blooding your juniors before the seniors are pensioned off because you have nothing to lose?

Reply #321129 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

from what i have seen, the juniors that deserve to be blooded are! too many young ones (and their parents)think they are better than what the are.

Reply #321131 | Report this post

Oberon  
Years ago

But when the current veterans move on, it will be more successful to do what the boys have done and recruit a whole new team.

Would be much more successful as well.

Reply #321155 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Recruiting two new players is recruiting a new team is it?

Reply #321245 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Again, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.
One thing that juniors need to realise that not all of them deserve to walk straight into a senior team! Back in "my day" you had to earn a spot, you didn't automatically get one. We had two juniors playing in our State league side back when I started and we had 2 40+ year olds and guess what, we won a Title with that team.
Too many players think they should be given something on a silver platter without putting in the yards and the reality is they move to another club thinking it's greener pastures and there aren't too many that go on to play a lot of ABL basketball.
I think there are less players these days that are willing to do the hard yards and put in the due time at one club. It's easier to just walk out to a team that is lower than yours or to a coach that has promised the world to end up probably playing less time than what you would have if you had stayed put.
I can't speak for the Women's but I know for a fact that even though the Men's coach went out and recruited, he recruited players in positions they needed to improve in. He also had the tough job of moving on some senior players who had been around the club for a while in order to promote a few extra juniors.
Unfortunately from what i know there are not a lot of good junior girls coming through (and I could be wrong). Yes the former coach played a lot of juniors in the reserves (the whole under 16 team) at times as there wasn't a lot coming through the 18's and 20's, but that is a real long term plan and one year down the track these girls are still far from ABL players. They used to taking an absolute licking every night and whether or not that is beneficial or detrimental that was his long term plan.
But until these girls are ready and in my eyes it will still be a few more years, the senior coach will need to continue with the team she has or recruit ahead of these players.
South don't have the luxury or the income to afford a full time JDO like those clubs that are doing well. It's a vicious cycle that we are stuck in and I know it's the same with other clubs. We haven't been given Local Government grants or teamed up with rich schooling programs. We are lucky enough now to have a State coach who coaches te Senior side, so like other clubs have done, maybe this in the long run ill help him recruit good juniors from other clubs (and don't say it doesn't happen). We have a dedicated P/T JDO who puts in hours andhours of his own time, including going to most if not all SASI coaching seminars and what else he can go to.
Just remember people, not long ago South and Noarlunga were the powerhouse clubs, be careful to bag those clubs as sooner or later things turn around. There's an old saying..."what goes around...comes around".

Reply #321271 | Report this post

Solid Philosophy  
Years ago

Completely agree should not be a case of kids expecting to walk into a senior team.

Solid philosophy, appoint a state coach into your club & use that as your pathway to bolster your senior programs.

I am sure South juniors will be happy to understand this philosophy.

Perhaps if Mitch & DJ gave up some (Wouldn't need to be all of it) of their cash you could move the Part Time JDO to Full Time.

Reply #321653 | Report this post

Demios  
Years ago

Panther,

Thats a solid argument. I prefer 'you reap what you sow'

If the last 10 years means anything, it is that South are more willing to spend all their money on ABA teams and chasing titles.

And the current state of their junior program reflects that.

They can aford a full time JDO. But they spend all their money on ABA.

Reply #321663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Need to call a spade a spade here and understand that both Souths and Woodvile girl's program is almost extinct and is at best 7 to ten years from recovery. Neither club has the right people in place to make that recovery happen because they are the very people responsible for the present mess.

Reply #321673 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Very good post Panther, I appreciated hearing your opinion.

I think having DJ and Creek in the team promotes excitement at the club and this hopefully can work its way down to the Juniors. Perhaps getting DJ and Creek to help out in Junior training's and offering free tickets to watch them play is the way to go. I know they are both pretty busy but it wont take too much out of their time and giving back to the game that has given so much to them is the way to go. So there can be some positives in getting great prospects to play for the senior team.

Reply #321682 | Report this post

rhea  
Years ago

#673 - that is the most insightful post yet on this topic. You are spot on.

Reply #321683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

King James, the issue isn't with the boys and men's program in either club.

Reply #321684 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

A bit of a question. Do you think some women senior clubs should join together? This is only the senior womens program the rest of the teams will remain the same. South join with Noarlunga, Woodville with West Adelaide, Centrals with North Adelaide, Eastern with Sturt. Equal amount of games could be played at each others Stadium as well as trainings. Other players that aren't good enough can play for their respective reserve sides. The idea is to make womens basketball as strong as possible instead of having the strong clubs belting the struggling clubs as that doesn't really benefit anyone.

The teams would be:

West/Woodville
North/Centrals
South/Noarlunga
Sturt/Eastern
Norwood
Forestville

Reply #321685 | Report this post

Ariel 53  
Years ago

KingJames,

There are no junior boys worhty of future ABA selection.

The current juniors lost all 4 games to Centrals.

And last week lost by an average margin of 50+.

Reply #321695 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Demios, i believe you need to be more specific!! As most of the money you speak of so generally is poured into the MENS program, NOT the womens ive heard..

Reply #321810 | Report this post

All quiet  
Years ago

wow this topic has gone quiet fast...!

Reply #322038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ah typical Souths always living in the past.

Reply #332908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Says you who posted 4 months late! Move on dumbass

Reply #332933 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754