Melvin Corpuscle
Years ago

Quiz: 54 players paid more than Jordan

http://www.sporcle.com/games/jrg09/nba-players-who-earned-more-than-mj

Some worthy ... others not so much.
Interesting fact: Shaq never cashed any of his cheques for playing - he handed them over to his accountant to set up his financial future, and lived his luxury lifestyle on the sponsor dollars ...

Topic #25729 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

big ups 2 Shaq for not being an idiot with his $

Reply #320867 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

47/54. Damn, some of those were obscure. Who was writing those cheques anyway? No wonder the owners are going broke.

Reply #320879 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

i got 34 an was surprised by some names especially juwan horward an jalen rose, even big Z too

Reply #320882 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Even the fact that Jordan finished his career almost 10 years ago and was on minimum wage for his last two years doesn't detract from the fact that some of these guys earnt more than him.

What's also surprising is the amount of guys whose careers happened virtually at the same time as Jordans and were paid more than he was.

It also seems like if you're big, a handy defender and rebounder but have limited offensive skills you can get a massive contract.

Reply #320883 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

So shaq has earned over 290 million and invested all of it!!! Imagine if has thrown it all in a high interest term deposit.
Can someone with an idea on bank interest rates please let me know how much interest you would get per year if you had 290 million in an account!!
That would be awesome!!!

Reply #320899 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

What about lawyers? Does anyone know whether his wife gets any of it despite her cheating on him (and he apparently cheated on her too)?

Like any bad ex-wife she chose to attack his 'size' to get back at him. Sadly for her I don't think anyone believes her.

Reply #320902 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Remember shaq saying the reason he went to college before NBA was to do some business courses, as he didn't know what to do with the huge sums he was about to get. (Eg. US banks won't insure over $200k).

Reply #320903 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

(Eg. US banks won't insure over $200k)

What does that mean Melvin?

Reply #320913 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

29 - but I'd had a couple of beers so the brain wasn't as sharp as it might have been.

Reply #320915 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:05 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754