Anonymous
Years ago

CJ Massingale

How has no NBL team given this guy a look in? The Dude averages 22 and 7 for what is possibly australias strongest assosiasion, knox.

SEABL Championship - 2009
SEABL Conference Championships - 2006, 2008, 2009
SEABL Most Valuable Player - 2008, 2010
All SEABL Team - 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
SEABL Leading Scorer - 2008, 2009, 2010
SEABL Championship Game MVP - 2009

I know most people dont like the idea of signing SEABL import and see it as 'budget' but surely this guy would be worth a shot for an NBL club.

Topic #25746 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thing is no one has looked at him before, this season of all, with the potential lockout is even more reason why he wouldnt be looked at right now.

Reply #321227 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

hawks on budget why dont he go there

Reply #321232 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hawks don't want a SG, they want a PF/SF.

Reply #321234 | Report this post

Hawks need a PG. The last thing they need is a SF/PF as they are are OK there with Sav and Coenraad manning the 3, Oscar at the 4 with Gruber. Really need a great PG and still looking for a backup 5 to Davo. I guess if they had the money they could improve by getting either a better PF/C backup than Gruber and relegating him to a very minor role or a SG import and sending Campbell to the bench. Jus dont think they will have the money to go that way.

Reply #321243 | Report this post

Holy S  
Years ago

he is not an NBL level import

Reply #321251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ is easily s NBL level import, if Kevin Ratzsch can get a game in the NBL, Massingale sure can, he's a much better player.

Reply #321254 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm with the previous anonymous poster, if Ratzsch who was 2010 Big V MVP can get an NBL gig, then Massingale should be able to as well as I would consider CJ a stronger overall player.

Reply #321267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ & Gary are both the 2 bext imports running around i would think they would both cut it at NBL level. If CJ gets naturlised in the next 2 years he'll would be in the 8 player rotation of any NBL team!

Reply #321278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"CJ Massingale why no NBL?" has to be on the next round of HoopsSA bingo I think...

Reply #321281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After looking at what Marty has bought out recently surely he could at least look at a few of the SEABL imports! At least they know the Aussie way of playing the the league so as a "Cheap" Alternative they would be good.

Let's be honest they wouldnt be any worse than Winder, Davendorf, Devires etc

Reply #321285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you kidding me anon we dont need any more second rate imports we have had our fair share, let another team take the risk. lets not settle because he may be better than what we have had or a cheaper option.

Reply #321288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's quite simple, he only plays one way, is lazy and not a team player. He would get mauled at the defensive end in the NBL

Reply #321289 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:48 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754