Bassben
Years ago

Whats happening with the 36ers???

After weeks of speculation and no movement once again the 36ers have put all their eggs in one basket and it might not pay off.

After receiving text after text about signing up for the new and exciting season how can i justify paying a large amount of money when we still don't have a team. Of course being a true fan I will but after 2-3 years of disappointments when is the team going to change.

Come on sixers think its time to start looking for some decent imports and let’s try and make him bigger then 6ft 2 for a change, there must be another mark davis out there.

And keep the fans in the loop...

Topic #25749 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed, they appear to be taking advantage of our loyalty or atleast heavily relying on that for us to resign, not them actually producing a product worth purchasing for even the novice fan! All these 5% discounts they put in my face comes across a little audacious from a fan that bleeds 36er, due to the fact they havent been any good for 2 years now, and havent shown me the consumer any change of that guard. Their approach of waiting on Ervin is a little worrying as I dont think he will sign with us, and i dont think he is the answer anyways, Adelaide need the next Davis, or atleast a tough big like a Lampley the Tigers brought in.

Reply #321294 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Refer to SOS thread

Reply #321295 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Wouldn't you rather them take their time and bring in the best possible imports? The NBA draft is 2mo and the lockout is looming so there will be plenty of quality players looking for jobs. I'd rather they take their time and pick from the players that don't get drafted or miss out on NBA spots.

Reply #321297 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

There is one team in the entire league that has set its roster yet there are a minority on here are screaming like 2 year olds that the team isnt set.

calm down.

Reply #321301 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

id put money on this that the same people would bitch and moan if the team was already set with the complainers saying:

'cant believe our squad is set and signed up with an NBA lockout looming, we could have got a better player. they need to sack Marty, no one wants to play for him.....yaddi yadda bullcrap'

Reply #321303 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I've just re-newed my season tickets and hoping my patience for the imports etc will pay off.

Reply #321305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every club is being quiet right now why does that mean Adelaide have it wrong. Ok except Melb who stole a team

Reply #321306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every club is being quiet right now why does that mean Adelaide have it wrong. Ok except Melb who stole a team

Reply #321308 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I imagine every club , world-wide , is a little quiet
at this time.. tonite's draft n lockout in a few days

A lotta fans go out to watch their favorite player
whether it's Schenscher , or Bruce ..with the girls
Sturt with the kids.

Reply #321332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you think the lockout going to send players to Oz your dreamin

Reply #321393 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Obviously Anon, NBA players are not coming to play in Oz, it is the players that will be squeezed out of the more lucrative european leagues that may have to look for a job elsewhere that may play here.

Reply #321398 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gordie in no rush with imports:

At least half a dozen potential candidates are in line to join the club, though McLeod isn't giving any names away and doesn't feel the need to rush.

Reply #323682 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754