Routy
Years ago

Should the Crocs Sign Jacob Holmes?

This one's for DJ Rod, any chance the Crocs would look at signing Jacob Holmes as a back up for Hinder at the 4 and go with an import 2/3 instead? He brings the defence and rebounding that we need in that spot like Boucher, Ellis etc without using an import spot. We don't really need him to be a big scorer. Any news on backup pg?

Topic #25754 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that you Jacob ?

Reply #321342 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

yes, only so i don't have to watch him in a Sixers jersey

Reply #321344 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

short answer...no
long answer...do the crocs want to do well in the season? if yes then no.

Reply #321345 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Must say I didn't see him play much this year, the way Adelaide fans have cast him adrift maybe you're right.

Reply #321347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the idea.

Reply #321348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

holmes is a solid player
any team in the nbl would have him if in good form and health as a solid backup or role player pf

Reply #321351 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

the league has outgrown players like holmes. yeh he has his spurts but in all honesty he only got a contract last season because he could rebound, but you need to do more than rebound and he had no consistency in the rest of his game, some games he get some good points the next he is useless. im not saying he is utterly crap but i wont be missing him from the team.

Reply #321357 | Report this post

Bball fan  
Years ago

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #321361 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Good post SRT070. Another issue with Holmes is due to his pride he sulks if he comes off the bench (as he did when Ninnis was coaching). If it wasn't for that he could be a contributer off the bench for a bottom 4 team.

Reply #321362 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

I thought Hinder retired?? If he did....

If I'm Crocs or any other CEO I would definitely go after Holmes. You would likely get him cheaper than usual as his output last year was down.

Secondly a front line of Schencher and Holmes might be OK.

Major downside is that Hinder was able to knock the three well. Which meant that Hinder could spread the defence away from Schencher. Holmes can not do this.

Reply #321364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hinder hasnt retired, Holmes would be the backup four man.

Reply #321369 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

I think there's no question that Holmes would be a good fit for townsville playing minimal minutes. But I doubt he would want to move to Townsville for minimum salary and play 8 - 12 minutes a game.

I agree with King James in that he's too proud to be the 9th or 10th guy on a team. I say he wont be in the NBL this year.

Reply #321379 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

no sorry - simple answer: we want someone a lot more athletic

Reply #321395 | Report this post

SixerFan  
Years ago

Jacob would be a great backup 4 for them

Reply #321400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jacob could fill the role of ellias and then some for me... but i guess hes gota want to be a role playa

Reply #321403 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

DJ Rod, Holmes is just as athletic as Rosell Ellis (equally un-athletic), and has a better jump shot. You guys seemed to like Rosell?

Reply #321606 | Report this post

Slow Motion  
Years ago

Holmes is not athletic.... Lmao

Reply #321894 | Report this post

Julian Day  
Years ago

Just got back from Mars today. Did they end up signing Holmes, and if so, how's he doing?

Reply #341533 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:25 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754