KB3
Years ago

Mitch Creek tops scores in L

From Eurobasket

Canada U19 - Australia U19 76:70

Canada recorded their first win at the 2011 Global Games tournament in Lithuania. They toppled Australia for 1-1 record. Sim Bhullar (223-C-92) stepped up with 16 points and 8 rebounds to pace the effort.
Canada and Australia kept it close throughout the opening period. They arrived at the first break tied at 19. The Emus pulled ahead in the second period. They erupted for 25 points to build a 4-point halftime lead 44:40. Canada however reacted with an aggressive defence in the third term. They limited Australia to only 5 points in the period to take a 10-point lead with one quarter remaining. The Emus tried hard to erase the deficit in the final stanza but came up short of victory. Dyshawn Pierre (198-F-93) and Negus Webster-Chan (202-G-93) contributed 13 points each for the winners. Mitchell Creek (198-F/G-92) answered with 22 points and 8 rebounds for Australia. Lewis Thomas (202-F-92) had 14 points in the loss.

Canada U19: Sim Bhullar 16, Dyshawn Pierre 13, Negus Webster-Chan 13
Australia U19: Mitchell Creek 22, Lewis Thomas 14

Topic #25779 | Report this topic

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Mitch Norton, who had started the first game against Brazil, broke his foot late in the game and unfortunately for the team and himself, will be out for 4-6 weeks. He is bottom age but had been playing well!

Reply #321934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A real shame actually and a big blow. Where were Greenwood and Creek in this game? Damn some boxscores would be nice grrr

Reply #321946 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Canada are getting better and better.
More and more of their players are going across the border and playing in top college programs in the USA.

Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph are testament to the growth of Canadian Basketball.

Will be interesting to see if they can make it to the next round--I'd say they would have to beat Croatia.
I wouldn't have given them much chance a week ago, but this result shows they have a talented team.

Suprised to read Norton was starting against Brazil..Was he starting purely because it was a 'pre-tournament buildup' or was it because he was ahead of Aldridge in the rotation?

Not hearing much about Aldridge..Very strange for someone who is committed to Butler!
I know he isn't scoring, but I haven't heard anything about how his playmaking ability, defence, or leadership is going.

Has he fallen out of favour with the coaches?..He lost his captaincy from the AST last year (At the AST, he shared it with Greenwood). He isn't even a vice-captain at these worlds. Is there Something fishy about the fact that a POINT GUARD captain that led the team to the AST title last year, now has no leadership title.
Im probably reading into this too much though,LOL.

Reply #321949 | Report this post

I Spy  
Years ago

Mitch Norton had simply been playing better than Jackson over the russia croatia tour. As for Mitch Creek being elevated to a leadership position I think his performances speak for themselves.
Jackson has been starting in the absence of Mitch but he needs to start scoring, at a tournament like the worlds there is no room for passengers.
Mitch may well have his fracture pinned upon his return home so its more likely 4-6 months than weeks.

Reply #321960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is going to replace him in the team. Odigie?

Reply #321984 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Or Wroe?
A pg for a pg..

Reply #321987 | Report this post

I Spy  
Years ago

No one will replace him for the worlds, they will play one man down. New guy coming in wouldn't have time to learn the sets they've worked on, sure they would have to probably send mitch home due to accommodation issues and having his ankle in a cast would surely require assistance for the journey home.

Thats why its now so important that Jackson x 2 step up to cover the loss, hugh plays like the star he is, creek shows why adelaide fans can be excited for next year,drmic comes out of his brothers shadow and trist, dumovic and big willy wonka rip it up inside.

Reply #321991 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Owen Odigie is on his way to Latvia

Reply #322007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:27 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754