@rangaMITCH
Years ago

Cavs Send Hickson to Kings for Casspi

Cleveland Cavaliers have traded JJ Hickson to the Sacramento Kings for Omri Casspi and a "Heavily Protected" 1st round draft pick.

"The Cavaliers said the first-round pick they obtained is lottery protected in 2012 (Nos. 1-14). The pick is then protected in 2013 (1-13), 2014 (1-12) and 2015-2017 (1-10). If the pick is not conveyed by 2017, then Sacramento will convey its own 2017 second-round pick to the Cavaliers"

Pretty much unless the Kings make the playoff's anytime soon, the Cavs probably won't be receiving the draft pick for a while.

Also although it gives the Cavs a player to fill the void at SF, Hickson at times last season was their most exciting and prosperous player for the future.

If Casspi reaches his expected potential, which he should have all the opportunity to in Cleveland, could prove to be a great trade.

Topic #25801 | Report this topic

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Pretty heavy protection on the pick but I like it for both sides. I like Omri, and I think he fits well with what the Cavs are trying to do. I never really rated Hickson based on his complete lack of Defence and Effort but he definately has a lot of potential.

Reply #322250 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Makes sense for Cavs - draftin Thompson meant a log jam at PF with Hickson and Jamison. They've solved that and addressed a greater need (SF).

Not so sure about the Kings tho? Now they have Thompson, Cousins and Hickson. Maybe preparing for Dalembert leaving and going to move DMC to the 5 spot permanently?

Reply #322338 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Kings had a bit of a logjam at SF. Except Casspi was probably the best one they had!

Reply #322452 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Definitely fills a void for both teams. A front court trio of cousins, thompson and hickson will be pretty young and really talented. Cavs really needed a SF ! Shows more faith toward no.4 draft pick of the cavs Thomas.

Reply #322469 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:32 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754