vomma
Years ago

Christian Salecich to be Blaze 11th man

Huge hype on this guy. Can play 1-3 spots, 6'4 and strong with good bball brain/shooting.

Fresh from a stint with St Louis NCAA div 1, he is currently starting 5 for the table topping Gold Coast Rollers in the QLD ABA. Anyone know much about him?

Apparently Blaze see him as the long term roster replacement for James Harvey when he hangs up the shoes. Probably not as potent on offence but an all round better player. Not yet 21 either, that comes in September. Big talent despite having a lower profile than other AUS college guys.

Topic #25813 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Played against him and he has huge upside!

He really could be a solid NBL players in a few years, might be good for him to play in SEABL next off season to ensure he develops as the gulf in NBL to QBL standard is to great.

Otherwise this is a smart recruiting move by the blaze

Reply #322470 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Excellent news if true, always good to see some of the best young players in the NBL. Christian started for the Emus in 2009 and provided steady ballhandling, good decision making, ok shooting and strong defence. Could certainly develop into a very solid NBL player in time.

Reply #322472 | Report this post

vomma  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with the rollers mate. training with Adam Gibson, Scott Mcgregor, Adam Darragh etc every night.

Rival QBL teams have quite a few imports + guys like coenraad, garlepp, broom, goulding, gleeson, behrendorff, cedar brothers, brebner etc. the list goes on.

Anyone know why Salecich didnt go back for another year @ St Louis?

Reply #322473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahhhh....RICK MAJERUS threatened to smother him in BBQ sauce and eat him as an appetiser.

Reply #322475 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Salecich fell out of favour at Div I Saint Louis and had actually had his transfer to Div II school Missouri Southern approved.

Salecich made 31 starts his freshman year but only four last season. Salecich averaged 6.4 points and 2.3 rebounds as a freshman and 2.3 points last season.

Saint Louis coach Rick Majerus: "Salecich will play a more meaningful role at Missouri Southern..."

This is great news for Salecich and the NBL in general if it turns out to be true. Salecich is not a flashy player and does all the small fundamental things well in bringing a team together.

Reply #322476 | Report this post

vomma  
Years ago

Rollers starting 5 is:

Mcgregor
Aucoin
Gurney
Salecich
Gibson

guys like tom, nillson, darragh coming off then bench so not bad!

Reply #322477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ohh Darragh and Mcgregor, those are some names i wish i could forget from the NBL. I remember for years how the NBL media tried to make Mcgregor into a 'star player', he just wasnt that great....period.

Reply #322500 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Not sold on Christian's performances with the Rollers so far.

On the other hand, I like how Gleeson has developed.

Reply #322507 | Report this post

Hugh  
Years ago

Funniest comment is "Long Term and Harvey" in the same sentence!

Reply #322517 | Report this post

vomma  
Years ago

Why is that funny?

Also, why dont people rate mcgregor?

averaging 20 points 14 boards a game in ABA atm.

Reply #322521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754