Clear the air
Years ago

Uncleared Players

Seems growing trend for some clubs to accept uncleared players - surely due diligient should be happenings to stop this at club level.
Fairly embarrassing - some clubs are more clearless than others.

Topic #25825 | Report this topic

Ammon  
Years ago

The theory of forgiveness is easier than permission rings a bell

Reply #322682 | Report this post

Years ago

bsa has enforced the by laws correctly when this has been discovered.

however I have seen players playing under other names and the bsa office would never know.

speaking of dodgy things - this year would be the worst I can ever recall for mysterious things happening on the bench - particularly in the junior games I have been involved in.

best players suddenly having 5 fouls in the second quarter when everyone thinks they only have 3.

score sheet shows a different result in a close game - when the scoreboard shows the other.

requesting time outs to the other teams bench clock operator and never getting them after repeated requests - and then a "who cares" when they are questioned after 6 requests.

Arrow repeatedly never turned and held balls going one way 3 times in a row.

Scoreboard showing less team fouls than actually on the sheet - outcome 2 shots.

Clock running through time outs when opposition is just up and being held when just down.

now I am pretty tolerant and understand they are volunteers - and expect some mistakes but one gets a sniff when dodgy happenings are on the nose.

Reply #322727 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Parents playing the game from the scorebench - never!

Here's a solution - forget about the game, have a competition between the parents about who can cheat most blatently - the clock or the sheet.

Sad, sad state of affairs with parents living their lives through their children.

Reply #322743 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:59 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754