Comic Book Guy
Years ago

Hillcrest!

"Worst basketball stadium ever"! $6 to get in, nowhere to sit and the sideline is 1m from the spectators at best. Someone will get hurt one day.

Topic #2585 | Report this topic

SamPrior  
Years ago

Well, haven't played too many times at Hillcrest aka Hellsnest, but their are some other pretty bad stadiums around the place in SA

Reply #29015 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I can't see why they can't put up a temporary stand in the next court behind the player's benches. With the number of people that ABA games are attracting, they seriously have to look at accommodating these people. If they're not too embarrassed to charge $6 entry, then they need to be able to give you a safe seat for that.

Reply #29021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood survive without a home court, so north can too. get rid of hillcrest, it's obviously not up to standard

Reply #29041 | Report this post

manager  
Years ago

Just remember Hillcrest is a BASA stadium. Any improvements that have occured over the last couple of years ( doubled seating at the far end, painting of the interior, cleaning of the ceilings etc) have all been done by NABC volunteers. Do you have any idea of the cost of temporary seating? It is a great idea, but not something that can be afforded

Reply #29047 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Manager, doesn't $6 per seat cover that cost. Where is this money going to if a seat is not even provided? The club is outlaying nothing for the $6 it is collecting apart from washing floors that these additional people dirty. Not to mention a bit of money made at the canteen.

Reply #29048 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Isnt Mars considered to be Norwoods Home?

Reply #29057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure that Hillcrest is council owned, managed by North Adelaide Basketball Club.

Reply #29065 | Report this post

pimp my stats  
Years ago

we have been thru all this b4 - Hillcrest is not even legal - but we all know this

what is dissapointing is new stadiums like berri going forward and hillcrest - the home of a large club with plenty of use - stuck in a time warp

i know they are different kittys - but something seems out of whack

Reply #29069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why dont some of these clubs look at playing their home games at some high schools. st peters have a great gym, brighton are building a new one, unley was used for the norwood carnival. why not?

Reply #29072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

underdale anyone :)

Reply #29073 | Report this post

D-lin  
Years ago

Anonymous 29073, get up with the times, Underdale is gone, houses now

Reply #29075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

serious :| i swear last time i drove past it on the way to the dome the actual uni thing had been knocked down and houses in place but the gym was still standing.

Reply #29079 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Gym will remain at underdale ..

Reply #29112 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

EC, my sources tell me that the canteen at Hillcrest is privately run so there is no influx of money specifically for ABL games. The Club would be receiving a lease however. The next AGM and release of figures should tell you how much.

Reply #29240 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:32 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754