Tigers Watcher
Years ago

Melb Tigers Recruit Struggling

New Tigers Recruit

Strong word around Melb town that Daniel Dillon is going to be cut from Waverley in the Big V.

I've looked at his stat line and it isn’t impressive to say the least! Looks really ugly for the "Boomer"

As bad as this sounds if he was to get cut it wouldn’t be the greatest start to his return to Melbourne and being a 36er’s fan nothing would please me more than to see the Tigers raid of cairns go pair shaped.

Topic #25859 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

I dont think you can read too much into NBL players form in lower leagues. Many are just playing there to keep fit and keep the rust away, they arent really going to be producing their best form.

Reply #323234 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Rather than wish for poor form of oposing teams, it would be great if the 36ers could build a strong team and win because they are good, not because the other teams suck!!!

Reply #323236 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I agree with Paul, Dillon will go fine playing for Tigers.

Reply #323237 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

I was impressed with Dillon in the China series.

Reply #323238 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Spinner, if the Sixers put a good team together and win, they must be breaking the salary cap....

Reply #323250 | Report this post

Tigers Watcher  
Years ago

I think that its always good if the NBL players in the ABA comp are putting up numbers and in winning teams as nothing is better for the confidence than to beat up on some ABA talent and keep in shape for the NBL season.

Reply #323258 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i seriously don't think he should have left cairns after his breakout season.
with ubaka gone he could have been the main man in the back court for the taipans.
(i know dillon left first)

Reply #323273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dillon been cut?, he's been playing relatively well for his role within the team, where on earth did you guys hear this?

Reply #323277 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I wouldnt be suprised if he never produces as well again. He's an asshole for not giving Cairns another year!!

Reply #323293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard that he is under pressure from a few people I talk to in Melb. I was Chatting to friend about the sturt thing to see if it was legit and he mentioned dillon was under pressure. He'd almost be leading the Big V in turnovers!

Reply #323304 | Report this post

Slow Motion  
Years ago

Dillon didn't give Cairns another year because Cairns offered him 30k less and were trying to make him stay and play for the Marlins for free. What nut wouldn't leave! F##k Cairns and their management. #Tools

Reply #323322 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

12 months ago that would have been the offer of a lifetime to him! He improved because they gave him an opportunity. Another good year & he gets more cash & no Marlins gig! Hope he truly sucks as a Tiger...

Reply #323457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seem like the Cairns fans have sour grapes over Dillon leaving, you do realise he is from Melbourne right? Maybe he just wanted to return home?

Reply #323468 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Spoke to DD yesterday and he is doing no more than his role at Waverley. Daniel doesn't need to be the star of a team doing the flashy things etc (Sedale *cough cough*). He has started doing pre-season individuals with Trevor and Rohan and his focus has moved from The Big V crap to his meal ticket. I too think Daniel needed to show Cairns respect and give them 1 more year for giving him an opportunity before returning home but at the end of the day Basketball is a job and pays the bills.

Reply #323485 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The concerns from Fearne seem to be about how it is handled. I have no idea about that, but I dont begrudge someone moving home and getting more money. A no-brainer really.

Reply #323493 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754