taipan boi
Years ago

The future of Tim Behrendorff

Been a 10 year NBL player, without a contract for the upcoming season and seemingly his much discussed career is over.

Will a team throw him a lifeline? Could he make it in an overseas league ala europe/south america?

What was your behrendorff career highlight and what is lined up for him post bball A coaching career or perhaps a desk job?

Only time will tell, but anyway congrats tim on a great career at taipans/breakers/hawks.

Topic #25863 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The AFL are employing him as a point post

Reply #323259 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I hope it's not over. He is a pretty handy player and I dont think was ever quite utilised the best way possible.

I think it's sad that NBL coaches play small ball when things are going wrong. It doesnt help anyone in the long run.

Reply #323260 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

my best moment was when the Breakers cut him.

Reply #323262 | Report this post

Ain't no G  
Years ago

Tim's career is over. He ruptured his Achilles 2 weeks ago. With his size I doubt he'll ever rehabilitate it enough to play in the NBL.

Reply #323263 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, that'll probably do it. My favourite moment was how surprised the commentators were everytime he hit a triple!

Reply #323264 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I used to cry every time he touched the ball outside the arc and curse every time he put up a 3, a small sigh of relief if it happened to go in

Reply #323265 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

His 38% three point shooting from the centre position in 08/09 wasnt good enough for you? In fact, over the past three years he has shot at around 40%!

Reply #323268 | Report this post

Tigers Watcher  
Years ago

Loved watching his game! What a star!

Reply #323270 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

I had the privilege of visiting the Breakers training facility a few years back when Tim was with them. I was very surprised to see his name on the leader board for some of the shooting drills. Consider that this was a team that had noted shooters such as Penney, Jones and Forman on it he certainly can hold his own given the opportunity.

Reply #323275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible big man. Did well to hang around as long as he did really given how soft he is.

Reply #323318 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Paul re: His 38% three point shooting from the centre position in 08/09 wasnt good enough for you?

not when there was Oscar Foreman, CJ Bruton, Kirk Penney etc on the court in the same uniform. wrong player to be taking those shots.

Reply #323323 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

so he should pass up open 3s as a 40% career shooter, just because he is a centre? please.

Reply #323353 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

when there are at least 3 other guys on his team that are way more capable of knocking down that shot, yes all day pwned

Reply #323366 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

so based on his 40% are you all messaging Marty to sign him quick to solve the Sixers scoring issues???

Reply #323367 | Report this post

Phobos 89  
Years ago

yer he wont be a huge loss, hes really soft and prefers to jack up threes (at a good percentage) but still doesnt rebound or utilize his size enough...
still definately a 1000000 times better player than i could have been, but somewhat a waste of size and talent e.g. shooting ability

Reply #323386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mystro.....yes he has some issues defending the onball and against smaller quicker 4/5's....but you have no idea what you are talking about, there is more to fitting in with a team than being the stud. A team of studs does nothing, but obviously you have ever been a part of something bigger than yourself, If you have, you would know this and choose not to comment. Behrendorff is the the player that everyone wants in the team, does his job, plays a back up role, sits for 5 games and when needed comes out and plays like a true pro, knows his limitations (Hawks vs Sydney last year, final game). Hey, I am a breakers fan, I acknowledge that they needed to make way for Pledger, but who do you think you are?....way to go champ! Boot someone when they are down. I am not close to any NBL player, but I would bet what ever you like, that if you surveyed most players across the league they would have nothing but good things to say about him....pull your head in:)

Reply #323584 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

mystro, behrendorff played his role perfectly. last season i think nearly all his threes were taken from the top of the key on that little pop when his defender left him to help on a driving ervin. he played his role perfectly for the hawks. you expect too much out of people.

its hard to argue a point without some sort of context, so lets say, penney or bruton or forman were double teamed, or behrendorffs man had left him to help out on these scorers, your saying he should hold on to the ball until someone else is free, or the shot clock expires?

just a couple of points...

- he wouldn't have taken those 3s without the go ahead from the coach, but obviously you think that lemanis or mccleod dont know what they are doing.

- TB took 21 threes in total last season. less than one a game. hes not hurting the team.

- Adam ballinger took 56 threes and made 16 at a shooting clip of 30.2%

cheers

Reply #323591 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I didn't see many Hawks games last season as most televised games out of Australia were of Sydney and he may have played well for them but I could care less. I cared how he played for the Breakers and was glad when he was cut and replaced. They then went on to win the championship, great coaching Lemanis ;) I'm sure he knows a thing or too about coaching, good call on the cull.

Tim Behrendorff is not going to read this and have a cry so I'm not sure why you two have lol

Reply #323782 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:20 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754