celtic green
Years ago

Good forums/websites

Any good websites/forums for basketball that anyone knows of? I follow here and NBAmate, also ESPN of course and some celtics sites, but does anyone know any other really good ones? Preferably NBA as I live outside of Australia now so I don't really get a chance to follow the NBL anymore.
Cheers

Topic #25866 | Report this topic

Big Sexy  
Years ago

hoopshype.com is good for most bball related stories (go to the rumours section). Real GM is good for forums for all teams.

Reply #323286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbadraft.net is really good

Reply #323295 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hi Celtic Green

Do you know Celticsblog? That is a very active site for Celtics fans and it is linked to the SB Nation network of blogs (there is one for every NBA team).

Draft Express as well if you are interested in really detailed analysis of a prospective player's strengths and weaknesses.

Inside Hoops does the same thing as Hoops Hype with regard to rumours and collecting a quick excerpt from all the major basketball news articles on a daily basis. Hoops Hype also keeps an extremely useful section showing each team's rosters and salary commitments.

Bill Simmons aka The Boston Sports Guy has his entertaining columns on page 2 of ESPN.com

Wojnarowski's column on Yahoo NBA breaks a lot of big stories.

Look up Larry Coon for anything you ever wanted to know about the Collective Bargaining Agreement (and probably the new one when it is worked out).

82 games.com is a stats nerd's paradise with all kinds of metrics for basketball.

NBA Playbook is a really interesting site that uses video footage of NBA games, etc to demonstrate how different plays work.

Reply #323296 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Grantland.com!

Reply #323317 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Cheers guys thanks very much, I will have a look at those sites over the next few days

Reply #323320 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

following up on Grantland.com as suggested by DJ Rod, this is Bill Simmons (ESPN fame) new website but is not just sports but covers pop culture as well. Most articles are in the same vein as Bill's style

Reply #323326 | Report this post

HotSauce  
Years ago

Try basketmaniacs.com !!!

Reply #325279 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:36 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754