Good to see Julius Hodge close to matching it with Mr. Wall

Topic #25869 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see Julius continuing to make a dick of himself

Reply #323324 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I would say scoring 20 points against one of the best point guards in the NBA not a bad effort. You can hate the guy for what he did but that doesn't change the fact that he is talented.

Reply #323325 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

The video seems to be removed

Reply #323327 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

video has been removed by the user?

Reply #323328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

for your amusement

Sorry i must miss the part about Hodge keeping up with Wall

Reply #323334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahah

Reply #323344 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I can also find a video of a business geek scoring a layup on Jordan does that mean Jordan is no good because of one video? Credit where credit is due, Hodge did very well in this game to score 20 points against some good NBA names. Its a shame that the original video has been taken down. I still dislike the guy for the stomping incident but he is talented and probably deserves to be in the NBA.

Reply #323347 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Reply #323349 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

holy shit, to me this video just highlights how far behind the NBA stars someone like julius is! wall has got game! hodge is just a douche!

Reply #323351 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If he did score 20 points that is pretty impressive. No surprise he couldnt get stops defensively! But he must have got some form back after his average year in Melbourne. Hopefully one day he will grow up and use the impressive talents he's been given.

Reply #323357 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Hodge may need to recuperate for a few months to let those broken ankles heal, damn Wall is fast

Reply #323358 | Report this post

Hopscotch  
Years ago

Doesnt look like much defense being played.

Scoring 20 in an allstar game doesn't count for much.

Reply #323360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What league is it in??

Reply #323361 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Hodge's continual smack talk and actions in telling Wall to bring it on is a testament to how much of a tool Julius is, especially after he got burnt and crossed over countless time.

I would love to see Julius back in the NBL, despite his immaturity and stupidity, he brings a bit of bad guy entertainment that the league has lost even more of since the departure of Homicide.

I definitely think the NBA is a long stretch for him. No jumpshot, not even from midrange and his total non existence on defence probably blows his chances.

Reply #323362 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Well in that video, Wall was embarassing Hodge on defence. Why does he try to guard point guards all the time? He is too slow and has no chance!

If Hodge scored 20 points, who did he score them on? He should be able to score over Wall as he has 3 inches and probaly 20 lbs on him. If the opposing team had any brains though, they would have had a SHOOTING guard defending Hodge, not Wall!

Reply #323365 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Aussie Jordan Vanderburg is playing in this pro-am.
I believe he is playing for Hodge's team (751 South).

I love these pro-am events and this one has attracted a myriad of NBA players..including
Raymond Felton, David West, Chris Wilcox, Kyrie Irving, JameSon Curry, Nolan Smith.
Also Seth Curry and Austin Rivers are playing!

Reply #323368 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

People you do realise that video was showing ONLY walls highlights, it doesn't show his turnovers or Hodge blocking him (Wall also blocked Hodge) or Hodge hitting a shot near the 3 point line over him or Hodge driving past him or about 5 dunks hodge got. Wall ended up with 14 points. For Hodge to try to guard one of the best point guards in the World is a good effort, not many people can guard him one on one in the NBA. Wall ended up scoring 4 times on Hodge but out of how many attempts I wonder and here is everyone trying to say he got killed when really he did really well to score 20 and to take on that challenge.

Reply #323369 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

well said king james i will conceed on that!!!

Reply #323370 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

http://www.ballislife.com/video/john-wall-puts-in-work-on

Don't know if this is the same video, but I suspect it is.

Reply #323406 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

All I see is some illiterate douche getting the schooling he so desperately needs.

The education system works after all.

Reply #323407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a bust Hodge was the Nuggets blew a first round pick on that guy, true story.

Reply #323410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^Hodge actually was a good player in the NBA until he got shot in a drive-by

Reply #323412 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Seems Hodge is loved all over the world http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1410&t=7667693

Reply #323413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No he wasn't, Hodge was a complete bust.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hodgeju01.html

The Nuggets traded him to the Bucks after only a year and a half on their roster, he lasted five games with the Bucks before they cut him and bought out the rest of his contract.

The vast, vast majority of 1st round picks last longer than Hodge did, less than two seasons before he was paid to go away.

Reply #323418 | Report this post

Bucks  
Years ago

Hodge was a college star thats about it. But then again i dont think many people can guard john wall especially when he was hitting step back jumpers like that and as ive seen from high school he has lots of speed and an incredible first step. John wall was injured last year in the NBA we have yet to see the incredible ability John Wall has. If he improves his outside shot like D.Rose he will be the best point guard ever, he has better passing ability then rose aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Reply #323422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Nuggets had no choice but to trade him, he wasn't going to return to his potential ability after being shot. He was always going to be a high risk/reward and take a fair while to develop, but he was only a bust because of the gunshot wound. He was never meant to be a star, just a serviceable role player down the track, he was drafted 20th after all.

Reply #323424 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Reply #323426 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

"take a fair while to develop"

A very difficult point to refute Anon based on primary observations. I guess the Nuggets figured out early that the wait wasn't worth the investment.

Reply #323428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey, wanna play like Hodge

Camp24Hodge" Skills camp August 1st-4th @ Sport2Sport Facility Cary, NC (ages 6-15)

Reply #323429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd agree it wasn't worthwhile the investment, getting than gunshot wound killed any chance he had of being a serviceable role player. Denver was a up and coming team and probably did the right thing in the end, but maybe that's why he has that attitude that he does? His reasonable chance on being someone in the NBA all went down the drain after being shot. Who knows, if he hadn't have been shot he might have been a decent player who filled a role, but never a star IMO.

Reply #323430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's give Denver Nuggets coach George Karl the last word, from his own experience of Julius.

"He's already got a bad attitude," Karl said. "Complaining and being labeled to have a bad attitude, I don't think he understands it. General managers read that and just go, 'Wow."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/the-final-word-on-the-julius-hodge-saga/story-e6frect3-1111118543567

Reply #323446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yahoo Sports bagging out Hodge too
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-John-Wall-lights-up-the-NC-Pro-Am;_ylt=AnBnRMdFHbLd13AwbOUTYzG8vLYF?urn=nba-wp6406

Reply #323503 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754