pwned
Years ago

AJ Ogilvy in Australia

AJ Ogilvy is scrimmaging in Wollongong today with the Hawks and up to 20 possible new recruits for the Hawks 3 final roster spots.

Is he looking to play in the NBL this season?

Topic #25879 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

AJ would TEAR IT UP in the NBL, but as far as I am told he has signed to play in Spain. AJ should be the one the Kings get, move Julian to the 4 spot, get Dann at the 3 spot. A very big, very versatile line up.

Reply #323494 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Short answer: No.

AJ has signed to play for Valencia in Europe next season.

Reply #323498 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'd imagine it's the same situation as Newley and Ingles working out with the Sixers. Nothing will come of it, just around for a bit of training.

Reply #323504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i remember when he was meant to be a lock to get drated, and reasonably high as well, what ever happened to that?

Reply #323519 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

stayed in college and his stock fell, Bruce was also projected to be a first round pick after his freshman year but again stayed in college and they recruited better players and suddenly he was getting the same amount of touches. Motto of the story, if you have a good chance to make the first round you should leave, you can always go back to college after

Reply #323523 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

He started off his freshman year in great form, averaging 17 ppg and 7rpg.
He was thinking about declaring for the NBA draft as some scouts had him in as a 1st round pick; But there was skepticism around his ability to defend and the manner in which he committed unnecessary fouls.

So he went back to Vandy, but unfortunately things didn't go as planned as his production dropped off.

By his Last year at Vandy (3rd year) his production dropped to 13 ppg and 6rpg and he had not addressed (in the eyes of the scout) his defensive shortcomings.

Quite amazing that in his freshman year he averaged 17 and 7 in only an average of 26mpg! Thats efficient production.

And I don't think AJ would tear up the league (NBL) I think he would put up double-double numbers, but he would find himself in some competitive matchups.
The likes of Khazzou, Wilkinson, Schenser, Ater Majok (if he was to return to a team) would make him work for it.

Reply #323533 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No doubt he would be one of the better centres, but I am not sure he would tear it up. He was second leading scorer and leading rebounder for his Turkish team in the TBL, which is similar standard to the NBL with a little bit more at the top end.

Reply #323534 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:29 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754