Muzz Buzz
Years ago

Challenge- name the import

With all the talk about the 36ers dud imports i thought i would ask who people rate as the best 36ers import that had not played in the NBL b4. Guys like Mee and Ballinger cant be named.

Topic #25887 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

I find it hard to split them, for me its between Mark Davis in the mid 80's to mid 90's then Kevin Brooks and Willie Farley. So its a 3 way draw for me.

Reply #323608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeff Smith in 1997

Reply #323609 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Mark Davis by far,best import sixers recruited.

Reply #323610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers didn't recruit mark Davis. With did. He was playing state league.

Reply #323611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is this comparable, Mark Davis was easily the sixers best import, he's probably your best player in your history with maybe Brett Maher.

Reply #323612 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

dwayne nelson was pretty damn good as well

Reply #323616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting question, there havent been a lot of great ones over the years. Green, Davis, Hayes (??), Brooks, Farley.

Reply #323617 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Mark Davis by far... He has his head as a statue in re stadium even... Seriously this is a no brainer!

Reply #323688 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Rick Brunson anyone? Only had 1 season with the team before a decade in the NBA. Obviously KB was outstanding as an untested import, and if we're including Davis then he was good too.

Reply #323698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark Davis. Next question...

Reply #323699 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Davis was already playing State League for South so he is off the list of candidates.

Green was already in Adelaide playing for West so he too is out of consideration.

Reply #323702 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Mark David recruited from New Zealand league then played for south adelaide after season finished.

Reply #323706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Copeland?

Reply #323709 | Report this post

Bazz  
Years ago

The criteria was "the best 36ers import that had not played in the NBL b4"

Then you said "Davis was already playing State League for South so he is off the list of candidates."

Since when did South Adelaide's State League side play in the NBL? You need to re-define your query.

Reply #323948 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:01 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754