ringlord
Years ago

GO MAGIC!

At the just finished Bearcat carnival western Magics division 3 girls beat 3 division 2 teams(one currently sitting on 3rd place in district comp).The fete achieved is a great one considering 4 girls are over at west this season,just imagine how strong the team would have been if those girls stayed and were allowed to play in division 2!Such a shame-thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.Once more good on you girls,our little heroes.

Topic #25891 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the west adelaide reserves team beat the west adelaide 'a' team?

Reply #323754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magics only loss at the tournament was from Bearcats div 2 team.That team contains 4 of Magics players from last year.

Reply #323762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And is this how you judge your success. Winning a div 2 and below carnival?

Reply #323764 | Report this post

Years ago

what grade ?

why hasn't west got 2 div 2 teams then ?

Reply #323766 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Care factor 0

Reply #323772 | Report this post

nil  
Years ago

go Magic - please go.Disappear.

Reply #323798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely this team should be Wests second div 2 team then,is west even allowed to have a second team if not how may sturt have it allowed?

Reply #323833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Magic not allowed to play in Div 1 or 2 ?

Reply #323837 | Report this post

pfft  
Years ago

Because they would get smashed every week and they are not a real club and have not earnt the right to.

Reply #323839 | Report this post

Years ago

i presume it is u14s they are talking about.

there are 11 u14 div 2 teams - so another div 2 would have been welcome.

i understand (as a joe public person) that the agreement with west and western - western teams are div 3-4-5 and west get the div 1-2 aspect.

the results indicate this team would have been good enough for div 2.

so from what I presume either the players / parents did not want to play for west in div 2 and stay with magic or they were not nominated by the club correctly or results underestimated pre season.

so the next step is for them to play in a higher grade - if they are first year u14s they would be a shoe in for div 2 but if second years u16 div 3/4 would suffice over summer with a view of pro / rel

Reply #323840 | Report this post

Years ago

west could have easily had 2 div 2 teams in u14g - as I said before there is 11 teams so a vacancy exists.

Reply #323842 | Report this post

Years ago

unless that capping of one team per club per div 1-2 grade came into play (don't think that was the case as some clubs have 2 teams in u14 div 2) - although looking at u12s where i understand that rule came into play - the u12 div 2 comp looks pretty sparse and it seems better for the comp not to limit the amount of teams per club per grade.

Reply #323843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard a rumor that the team in question was offered div 2 at West & they declined the offer because for some parents port way is just too far also the fees are pretty low at Magic,with the economy the way it is every cent counts!Also heard top woman is gone to Forrestville or Norwood ,if that is why they didn't get in bed with the Warriors now it is over -start the negotiations again.Or divide the players between West & Woodville because without a ABA side the club is doomed.Only put forward the last comment because pretty much everybody at the port knows anything about an association between the two clubs,now how is that going to work then!

Reply #323847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West & Western have a good agreement worked out between them,it is just the first year of a future partnership-even Rome wasnt built in a day.Best of luck in your future conquests its great to see that the two clubs combined there is around 60 teams between them.

Reply #324126 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:17 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754