@rangaMITCH
Years ago

Melbourne Tigers looking for an 11th man

In a release by the Melbourne Tigers today, they made mention of potentially signing an 11th man for their roster.

They have said they are exploring the possibility of it with their remaining points and salary cap.

If they are going to go ahead with this, who could be potential candidates? (Surely they would be looking at a big man)

Topic #25893 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon they should sign a cheap 7 footer. Tom Jervis could be an option if the Wildcats don't sign him.

Reply #323815 | Report this post

Tigers Watcher  
Years ago

I think if you looks around the "Big V" you might stumble across the player they are looking at...…

Reply #323816 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They were trialling Scoines and two others from his team. Seems a bit rough that Scoines wouldn't get another season somewhere - I thought he played fairly well for the Kings.

Reply #323819 | Report this post

Bitch Please  
Years ago

Elaborate Tigers Watcher...

Reply #323820 | Report this post

Tigers Watcher  
Years ago

I beleive there is 3 SEABL guys that they are looking at: Barnes, Bruce, Scoines all could fill end of the bench.

Also being discussed are Qaafow (whisper is Adelaide had him try-out and could be interested) & 2 other players in the Big V one from Eltham & one from Ringwood

Reply #323824 | Report this post

Vicman  
Years ago

I think you might find that it is 2 current Eltham Big V players whom are being discussed by the Tigers

Reply #323825 | Report this post

Tigers Watcher  
Years ago

I might be wrong but some kid called Zomer & and old chestnut by the name of Sturt is what I got told...…who is the other player?????

Reply #323826 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I hope Camel had the opportunity to braced himself prior to the previous post

Reply #323830 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Brace!

Reply #323831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zomer would be a good pick up but I assume he is going back to college.

Barnes would be good too, but it's not like they need another SF.

Should've taken Simon Conn as big man insurance for someone who is reliable.

Reply #323834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have though they would maybe look at a Josh Wilcher from Sandringham, Alex Bogrt King from Eltham is also another good young player.

Reply #323836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers are looking in the sEabl

Reply #323844 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Big Ads - It's a heart breaker , back breaker.
He's a noisemaker, sprit maker.

Innumerable Sturt followers have assured me it is impossibe to understand much of 36ers work without Sturt and are grunting to each other ."We've gotta come to sixers v tigers games and to the party at Camels place, after the game."

Reply #323845 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

It would have to be a very low rated player, points-wise as by my calcs (if Rush is still a 9), the Tigers are currently on 68pts...

Reply #323855 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

I think the Tigers are looking at a big.
Bruce and Barnes cant score or shoot not up to the NBL level.
Scoines can shoot but really slow for the NBL
Conn would be good to train against their bigs.
John

Reply #323857 | Report this post

SeriusBlack  
Years ago

Alex Bogart-King... I certainly hope you are joking.

However, Zomer would be great. Would love for him to get an opportunity.
Interestingly enough, he also was once on the list for the Melbourne Demons. Don't think he played a game though.

Sean Bruce is a really talented young player as is Josh Wilcher but would question whether they'd be up to NBL level just yet to be honest.

Reply #323859 | Report this post

Tigers Watcher  
Years ago

Did some asking around and Zomer is heading back to college so i guess that rules him out. Still hearing Sturt but also looking at a back up big from the SEABL....Cameron, Conn & McMillan are the names that where given to me.

to be honest haven't seen McMillan play, but i know Cameron & Conn at Nunawadig are both having strong seasons and would be good as back up's.

Reply #323864 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Has Conn got his act together? Didn't he famously (well, in NBL terms) fluff his chance with the Dragons?

Reply #323871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been told both Cameron & Conn are being looked at as both are posting similar numbers.

If you look at the history of both they have plenty of talent are around the same age and had similar chances previously in the NBL.

Both guys were thought to be talented but lazy/lacking drive however funny how a few years in ABA will motivate & mature a guy plus knowing it might be your last chance salon!

With the Tigers I think Cameron is best fit as he can step out an shoot the 3 and play a bit at the 4 spot (Doing it in SEABL) however that said Conn would be a good pick up for a number of NBL clubs.

Reply #323878 | Report this post

Marty D  
Years ago

It's not Mcmillan he is just about to retire!

Reply #323897 | Report this post

tigers watcher  
Years ago

It's not McMillan as he's got a bad foot and is done!

Althought expect him to play a cameo role once or twice next season with a big V club

Reply #323913 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Josh Wilcher has already signed on as a development player for the Tigers!

Reply #323934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Audryn McMillan ( sorry about the spelling) from the kilsyth Cobras, Young big man who plays the offseason in europe

Reply #324001 | Report this post

Dud  
Years ago

His name is Auryn McMillan. Probably up to NBL standard as a big forward. Doesnt look like a basketball player but can definately play. Has some good college experience (his team beat Kentucky in one of the biggest NCAA's upsets ever) and has played in Germany.

It could be Cameron or Conn but both these guys could be considered a bit 'old' to be given a chance now - but you never know. Its worked in the AFL.

Tigers already have two players from eltham signed - Greer and Cam T).

Doubt its from Ringwood as they already have Corletto and Ratzsch has been signed by Kings.

Reply #324019 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754