have noticed a few around town,ingles,mottram etc

Topic #25918 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trigger I been told

Reply #324355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

f*ck getting married man, stay single for as long as possible. i get pussy on the regular just playin da field yo

Reply #324357 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Wow! I wish I was you.

Reply #324361 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

awww snap, anon got da aids

Reply #324364 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

A guy named Tim Hodges. He's not a player but grew up with Ingles etc.

Reply #324365 | Report this post

not so long Ago  
Years ago

Orbit,

As usual your post is full of assumptions & flat out wrong

Tim Hodges has been a fantastic ABA player for the tigers, and quite recently.

Reply #324366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Laura Summerton

Reply #324367 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Orbit meant not an NBL player.

Reply #324368 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Thanks Paul.

By the way 'not so long ago' back up that comment!!

Reply #324369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tim Hodges is marrying laura Somerton in Port Douglas today

Reply #324370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They got married yesterday actually and it was close freinds omly!

Reply #324371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles and others are good freinds with the hodge bros, and they meet up regulary when people are back in Aus. Its great to see all the guys there!

Reply #324372 | Report this post

Not so Long Ago  
Years ago

Orbit,

I DON'T WANT TO SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON YOU BUT HERE ARE A COUPLE OF YOUR COMMENTS RECENTLY..

re: Tucker article
From what i've heard he's got serious issues..YOU HEARD WRONG

re: Is Rashard Tucker still on the 36ers radar?
36ers dont have time for a potential high maintenance pest!! YOU HEARD WRONG AGAIN

Marty needs guys who hold their farts in. He couldnt handle Williams! YOU HEARD WRONG A THIRD TIME

Isaac & Kingjames i understand both your points but i think this is where Clarke gets in trouble. I remember Brett Brown put the best 1 2 3 4 5 combo together in Sydney & they fell short of the playoffs (Woodberry got injured as well). You can read too much into that sometimes. Playing Balls & DJ would be worth knowing the result but give it a chance to work. They are grown men (not AIS students) & sometimes the coach needs 2 remember its a game & enjoying it is important. I would hate Clareke as a coach, just like i hated Brett Brown! Shut up & let us play..... GOOD TO SEE YOU HATE 2 OF OUR OLYMPIC COACHES..I'M SURE THEY WOULD LOVE YOU AS A PLAYER THOUGH.

I agree Skull. It's great to see how happy you all are even though Clarke, once again, proves he belongs in the minor leagues! He's that caught up in his board & all the philosiphies that surround it that he forgets his team is human & it is a game. He sucks as a coach! On the brightside what a great 2nd half & huge shot by Carter. Clarke 'outta jail' for the worst losing streak ever... YOU WRONG AGAIN (THIS IS GETTING TIRING) AS CLARKE IS NOT CAUGHT UP IN BAORD & PHILOSIPHIES..

TRY SOMETHING ELSE OTHER THAN BASHING PEOPLE FROM A FAR THAT YOU DONT KNOW..

Reply #324425 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

So what happened to Tucker in Cairns ( & Melb for that matter) & when was the last time a coach that picked up the wooden spoon was promoted to assistant of our national program? What about Trev Gleeson (Brown has no former ties)!
Tucker on his last legs might prove to be a worthy cheap pick up but it won't detract from the fact he had serious issues in his prime.
Can Clarke coach men? His main strength will be to attract college kids that he's coached as Bevo does at Perth (Martin & Knight for example). His recruiting thus far tells me they won't have the X factor again. I'm ready to tuck into my humble pie if wrong.
Anyway i asked you to back it up & thanks for that but my first post was actually spot on but not being from SA i didn't know Tim Hodges played ABA.

I look forward to more banter with you as the season unfolds mate!

Reply #324432 | Report this post

rog  
Years ago

Not So long ago - I'm not sure typing "YOU HEARD WRONG" is a valid argument.

I happen to agree that Marty Clarke is not yet a good Mens coach. He may be a good basketball coach .. but coaching Men is very different.

I know its off topic in the thread, but I went to a few of the very first trainings the 36ers had last season. I thought Marty wasn't too bad, and the intensity was certainly very high, but me and my friend immediately noticed how little respect he gave the players. He treated them like 17 year olds.

During team penalties, if the players weren't encouraging each other whilst running their suicides everyone had to do it again! If a player subbed off and rested their hands on their knees out of exhaustion they had to do penalties as it showed weakness! If a player subbed on, and jogged or walked on to the court (instead of sprinting on), Marty considered it to be "disrespecting the court" and there would be penalties! All these rules can be found at an U18 training.

Hopefully he learned from his mistakes this passed year and we improve. I can't imagine a veteran like Nathan Crosswell will enjoy being treated like a 16 year old.

Reply #324507 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

There is a difference between instituting a hard working culture and being a drill sergeant.

Reply #324508 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"You Heard Wrong" great argument there Not So Long Ago, /end thread lol

Reply #324524 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i wonder how marty will go with that training attitude in future boomers camps.....i'm sure bogut and mills etc won't put up with that shit.

NSLA-'you heard wrong' is a pissweak comeback.
orbit at some stage has been coached by brown, therefore able to make bad/good comments on him with first hand experience.
also clarkes appointment to boomers assistant after a short and very short and average career in the nbl is questionable.
the mixed message this sends to other nbl coaches aspiring to be selected for boomer positions,is wrong.

it must leave experienced/successful nbl coaches like gordie mcloed and trevor gleeson,scratching their heads!!

Reply #324544 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

rog - I saw that at sixers training, last season.

Clarke - the headmaster, asking the players if they know where the halfway line is and to show him.
Seems a little more relaxed, this season
almost human.

Reply #324550 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gordie might not be interested in an assistant position.

I would be surprised if Marty hadn't pulled back on his trainings a bit. May have gone in too rough in his eagerness to create a club culture.

Reply #324552 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

isaac - i'm not sure who is or who isn't interested in boomer coaching positions,but more about the unclear process of being selected.

Reply #324559 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Rod Popp had that Hitler attitude & spoke down at his players - look how long he lasted! i've also been coached by him NSLA (briefly) so this is first hand information. Mike Kelly & Terry Johnson went on an American trip (before they entered the NBL, 1994 i think) & he spoke to these guys the same as un-established rookies. When it came time to recruit for the NBL Mike Kelly would never sign due to the lack of respect he showed on that trip. TJ did but regrets it! These College coaches have a 'no favourites' mentality which doesn't work on paid professionals. I was at the game when the board sat behind the coaches box & decided Popps fate due to the way he spoke to his players.I hope you're right Isaac & he lightens up a bit!

Reply #324561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Popps was a hack anyway..never quite sure how he ever got the NBL gig in the first place!

Reply #324562 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

skull, I assume BA picks the head coach and then the head coach chooses his support based on what he feels he needs, who's available, who he thinks he'd work best with, etc. Maybe Clarke's there to cover a perceived weakness (rapport with AIS kids or something). Maybe Bevo's style is too different or he's too strong a coach to have as an assistant in that context - just guessing.

Reply #324572 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Anon, Popp got the gig cause he was coaching the Marlins & was a major reason to get Cairns an NBL license. If it wasnt for him, Donaghy & the now late Jeff Hopgood the Tapans probably wouldn't exist. Maybe because of this he thought he was indespensable? He paid the price!

Isaac (sorry to jump in Skull), coach Brown coached Marty at the Giants, coached Hammer at Sydney & has ties with Lemanis from his ABA coaching days with Bulleen. The fact that Andrey is the current winning coach & knows the Kiwis games very well makes his appointment a very good one but he was hired 18 months ago! The point is what is the criteria? Be an ex point guard that has previous ties with Brown? Did Gleeson & Gordie get a call from Brown? Does anyone know? I would feel a lot better if one or both was on the sidelines for this up & coming season!!

Reply #324583 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's exactly my point. Was Goorjian assistant when Smyth coached the Boomers?

Looks like he's picking people he thinks are complementary to him and who are people he could form a good coaching team with.

Reply #324589 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

You don't have to look too far back to find the last Boomers Assistant who coached an NBL wooden spoon team - it was Shane Heal.

Marty doen't (quite) have that honour, having coached the Sixers to second last.

Reply #324593 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ron Howard , coming in late , not knowing the drills
seemed stunned and distressed that he had sparked such animosity from Clarke.
The finger-pointing in his hostile fashion
wouldn't be pleasant, if you were out there
and your son was on the team.

Reply #324599 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

sounds like marty has a long way to go before he is legit nbl coach.
maybe he does fit as a 'yes' boy under the
"this is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship" coach brown system.
the dictatorship style of coaching is reserved for an elite few coaches in the world.
until you reach that few, you need a defensive coach a bigs coach and(in boomers case)a how to "deal with a pick and roll" coach.(not randoms from the boy's club)

Reply #324605 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

We all bring in the people we want to work with but Clarke? Come on & get real - he might end up a hall of fame coach but right now he might only have one more year in the NBL!

Reply #324618 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Will be interested to see if Clarke welcomes Chris Warren as a newcomer or is too despotic.

Reply #324652 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's one more year than a few others you might otherwise name - Stacker, Joyce, etc. Like I said, Gordie might not be interested in an assistant role. And for all I know, Bevo might be too strong a character or doesn't get along with Brown.

Lemanis has direct knowledge of the enemy camp in NZ, maybe Heal is there for media value and to relate to players, and Clarke is just second assistant, rapport with AIS kids, etc. Seriously, it's not THAT far fetched. It's not an all-star game for coaches.

Maybe call up Brown and ask him. Or ask Bevo if he has time to be an assistant.

Reply #324663 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

And the moral of this robust thread is:

Don't get married!

:)

Reply #324673 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

A bit of politicking went on early on in this era apparently. Still, it is what it is now, and I dont think the names mentioned are interested for one reason or another.

Reply #324678 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

...if you marry a 36er
don't go to watch training.
Things are rough , out there...

Reply #324694 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754