Jack Toft
Years ago

NH: Amy Winehouse in the 27 Club

Reports are in that Amy Winehouse is now in permanent rehab at the age of 27.

What is it with rock stars dying at the age of 27? Michael Hutchence (1960-1997), Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Brian Jones (Rolling Stones), Jimi Hendrix, and Kurt Cobain (1967-1994) are all in Club 27 - Rock stars who died aged 27.

Topic #25924 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

Pfft, I would be so bold as to call Amy Winehouse a Rockstar, especially if you're putting her in the same category as Michael Hutchence, Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison.

Reply #324437 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

She may have died at the same age, but she does not deserve to be mentioned in the same post as the others. Also Jeff Buckley died at 27.

Reply #324438 | Report this post

badgy  
Years ago

Hutchence was 37.

Reply #324440 | Report this post

badgy  
Years ago

and buckley was 30.

Reply #324441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amy joins a long list of muso's who have died at 27, but she's not in the 27 club. Only Brian Jones (rollingstones founder), Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimmi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain are universally considered to be in the 27 club.

Reply #324447 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Oops, your right about Buckley, my bad, always thought he was 27. Thanks for the correction Badgy.

Reply #324452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, group her with morrison, ol jim might come outta hiding just to get OUT of club 27 !

Reply #324464 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I think she weighed 27 kgs. Maybe she can get in the club that way?

Reply #324482 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Nah she's in the 27 lines of coke in one night club

Reply #324603 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754