Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers Still Willing To Take On Patty Mills

Looks like despite signing import PG Chris Warren, the Sixers are still open to taking on Mills as well. Part of me is saying but we have so many guards and need bigs! And the other part of me says do whatever you can to get patty mills, and now that we have Warren we wont be without a starting quality PG when the NBA resumes (which is looking like it wont be for a very long time anyway).

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/guard-heavy-sixers-still-prepared-to-stack-on-mills/story-e6frecj3-1226103746942

Thoughts?

Topic #25961 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Try for him regardless. Could get by with just one more big if we had to and still have money/points to replace Mills with a big once he left.

Reply #324908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jesus - you guys are dreaming.

at any given time - mills has several teams that would take him.

there is no way in hell mills will consider playing in the nbl prior to his 30th birthday.

so give it a rest guys - i would love to see it too but its not going to happen.

Reply #324924 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I'm not against trying to get him onto the roster anyway as long as we still have the money/points available to bring in a legitimate big once the lockout ends.

The only real issue I can see with getting him in Adelaide comes down to what the club told Warren his role would be in order to get him to sign. If he was promised the starting PG spot and then we get Mills, it could potentially be an issue, but as long as he is willing to fit what the team needs (without any issues) then I'm all for bringing in Mills until the lockout is over.

Reply #324926 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Clarky if we got Mills I will say he would be our starting to guy with a lineup like this

Johnson/Aussie Big or Import
Ballinger/Creek
Weigh/Herbert
Mills/Ng
Warren/Crosswell

Not saying Creek will play any minutes here just trying to point out starting lineup and bench

I would say Ballinger, Johson and 3rd big will rotate between PF and C
Weigh and Creek will play SF
Mills and Herbert will play SG
Warren and Crosswell PG
I would say the person to lose the most minutes would be Ng getting relugated to 10th man

Reply #324928 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Big Sexy - As long as we keep Warren happy I don't mind who makes the starting lineup. He is the long term answer at PG this season, don't want him to lose faith in the coach/club if we get Mills.

If we have the points/money available in the cap I would love to see us get Mills and then a backup big who can hold down the PF/C position when we need to rest Balls/DJ. If we can get a solid player to come cheap and play that role (similar to the role Dowdell played last season) then we will should still have the points available to sign a 2nd import if/when the lockout ends.

Reply #324935 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Perhaps the 36er players should ring Patrick to come and play instead of phoning the season ticket holders for more money!

Reply #324950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has the club called you have they Spinner? What did they ask for?

Reply #324952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put your money where your mouth is Spinner, waiting to hear when the club called you and asked for money...

Reply #324978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek is not a 4 man big sexy and he never will be at men's level!

Reply #325041 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

They haven't yet..........we received a letter from the club advising that the players will be calling during the month of August to speak to us about exciting new opportunities (I think were the words they used)

But you would already know that if you had put your money where your mouth is and purchased season tickets wouldn't you anon!!!!

Reply #325042 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Creek is not a 4 man big sexy and he never will be at men's level!

Read 1 more line of his post.
'Not saying Creek will play any minutes here just trying to point out starting lineup and bench'

Or better still read on to the paragraph after that.
'I would say Ballinger, Johson and 3rd big will rotate between PF and C
Weigh and Creek will play SF
Mills and Herbert will play SG
Warren and Crosswell PG
I would say the person to lose the most minutes would be Ng getting relugated to 10th man'

Learn to read Anon. Would save you the time of posting and will save me the time of replying and everyone the time of reading your post.

Reply #325045 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Of course, someone who followed the NBL would know that Creek could match up on guys like Boucher, Dann, Rush and probably Mims who will all spend time at the 4-spot.

Reply #325046 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Weigh could fill in some PF minutes and leave time for Creek and also Herbert at SF. Making Mills work is the least of the 36ers worries - worry about getting him first.

Reply #325055 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

He is in Australia at the moment

Reply #325064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've just read the posts about mills and will confirm now.....HE WON"T BE PLAYING IN S.A.

For the joker that says he wont play in the NBL. I assure you he will suit up for some part of this season. Marty has thrown everything at him but it aint matching the other clubs.

There will be a big press conf soon to disclose his decision. Lets hope the luck of the Irish continues and we see australia's best player in the NBL.

Here them ROOAAARR!!!

Reply #325140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty Mills is better than Andrew Bogut now?

Reply #325141 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mills reported to have signed in Turkey with Ilyasova

http://www.eurobasket.com/Turkey/basketball.asp?NewsID=236244

Reply #325525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754