skip
Years ago

Gary Wilkinson re-signs with the Breakers

Just saw on the NBL facebook page.

Guessing they had enough money for him now with Penney moving on.

Topic #25992 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

according to Lemanis he has spoken to Gary Ervin's agent and a decent offer is on the table.

Reply #325329 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I guess something like:

Ervin/Tait
Bruton/Webster
Abercrombie/Boucher
Vukona/Anthony
Wilkinson/Pledger

Will be tough.

Reply #325340 | Report this post

panther32  
Years ago

That would have to be one of the best and most balanced starting fives I have seen for a very VERY long time!!!!

Reply #325342 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

That's a pretty scary lineup if it eventuates. Braswell and Penney for Ervin and Tait is a pretty fair swap. Considering Tait has proven himself in a lineup with the majority of that team.
Can't see how they would have more money to throw at Ervin with their existing lineup than we did when we still had 3 roster places free with the option of going budget with 2 of those positions.

Reply #325380 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers have also mentioned Leon Henry's name a few times and he has played well in NZBL and trained a fair amount with the team last season but is a swingman where Lindsay Tait makes a lot more sense in terms of the teams current needs. Tait would be great backup behind Ervin and if that lineup eventuated, back to back titles is a definite possibility if they play to their potential.

Reply #325396 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/5377368/Gary-Wilkinson-to-return-for-NZ-Breakers/

In here Breakers have said they were close to signing Ervin but all of a sudden he seemed more keen on waiting for Europe and they told him they won't wait.
NZ$ is currently @ 87cents to the US$ so they should be able to grab a better bang for buck import if Ervin aint coming

Reply #325397 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Mystro, from what other clubs have said, I think Ervin or is agent have been telling every NBL club that.

Reply #325399 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Breakers good luck waiting for an answer from Ervin

Reply #325424 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I believe from that article that they told him they wouldn't wait and are looking at other options now. Would laugh my ass off he ended up getting chump change in some backwater league cos he never got the offer he was waiting for in Europe lol.

Reply #325430 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754