ShutUp!!
Years ago

Potential Lightning Player

This may well have been in a previous post, but is anyone aware of whether Lightning are looking at Mavs ABA Centre. I don't get to see many Junior Games, and this was the first time I had seen this girl play. Considering she was up against 2 very experienced and tall players in Tracey Braithwaite and Marina Wood (Nee Moffa), I thought (pre-game) that she might struggle.
Not that she would care a bit, but I was very impressed with her game on Saturday night. Went hard after Boards, played good D and shot very well. To me anyway it appears this young lady has a big future and am wondering if it is just her age (16?) and therefore school commitments that has kept her out of the list of players going to Asia with the Lightning later this month.

I also assume that she is a likely candidate for AIS Scholarship in 2006?

Topic #2600 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

Cayla is a gun!

Reply #29193 | Report this post

HunnyBunny  
Years ago

to right cayla is a gun... who is cayla...lov yall basketball pplz
mwa XOX

Reply #29311 | Report this post

'sup  
Years ago

Just for the reference....on friday (in juniors)cayla had 38 points and a hell of a lot of rebounds!

Reply #29314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes cayla is a great future player and one we should looking after and following her progress. Also there are quite a few juniors doing their bit playing seniors and doing well.

It is very hard being a main player on friday night with your junior team and then go out and play on saturday coming 8th or 9th off the bench and do well.!! There are quite a few juniors doing this and should also be admired and seen as potential lightning players.

Reply #29530 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

dont be shy, give us some names, players to look out for.

Reply #29533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

look at the stats and the names of junior players. the rest you can work out. Some are posting up great stats averaging less than 20 min per game and coming off the bench close to last.!! can't name junior players remember!!

Reply #29537 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

Dont mean to split hairs, but this is what the Forum rules reads

- "Please try to avoid naming players who are under the age of 18, unless they have played at a higher level (AIS, ABL, etc" -

i haven't been keeping up with the Junior ball lately, and wouldn't be able to pick the juniors from their ABL stats.

Reply #29538 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

monkey, they're talking about Cayla Francis.

Great stats for a player of her age.

Any other young ABL women making their mark?

The issue is not so much about naming young players, but more so in discussing their performances and proficiency.

Reply #29539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no isacc. She gets more than 20 min and she starts!

Reply #29542 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac, but like you, i was wondering who else is out there. Anon said "there are quite a few juniors doing their bit playing seniors and doing well" (#29530), don't know juniors from seniors just by name, and want to look at these playesr stats. Spill the beans Anon.

Reply #29546 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Fair call monkey, had a look at the players section, no age/DOB to be seen.

Reply #29548 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754