curious
Years ago

Hell yeah...new 36ers import JW....looks exciting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Luxp4bxdnz4

found this highlight package!! looks like someone who will have real value and excitement in the league and very happy to see him in a sixers uniform!!

Topic #26017 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it was Rhys Carter on Twitter who described him as Carlos Powell lite. Looks to throw his weight around - will probably pick up fouls as well as get to the line a bit.

Reply #325697 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Yeah he seems pretty athletic and has decent handles.
Good rebounder and has some good post moves.

He should be a good complement to Balls and DJ.

Should be able to use any 2 of them at a time.

He is a bit short for PF but not many dominant TALL PF in the NBL anyway.

Reply #325704 | Report this post

Yoda  
Years ago

Don't bother looking at these college clips, go straight to the various Euro ones. This gives you a better idea of where he is now.

Technique and style very close to a 6'6 version of Al Green, the old post up point guard.

I am not going to get too excited just yet, i am going to wait to see if he can get it done at the Powerhouse as part of Coach Clarke's offense.

Reply #325726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

defenders are going to stand on this guys right shoulder all night , he better workout how to score going right

Reply #325728 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Here is an interview with him and he gives advice on how to play against Greg Oden. Then you get to see a few post plays by him and he looks to have a nice jump.

John Williamson Interview

Reply #325732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is right shoulder? He shoots left and by all his film he can get it off no worries. Happy with the team hopefully clark can improved on a poor 1st year as coach. Let the imports play there game not try and change it. Warren is the floor leader and has been at his college for 2-3 years so let him run this team and williamson to play his natural game. I cant go through another season from clark stuffing them up.

Reply #325737 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I agree Curious, he looks decent in this clip. Shows some nice quick footwork in the post and a good mid-range jumpshot to keep defenders from sagging off him. Also rebounds well, can handle the ball well for a big man and can even make the open three by the looks.

We'll have to wait and see how he translates his game to the NBL and within Marty's offence, but I do think he can be a good energy guy to pair with either Balls or DJ.

Reply #325744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What makes you say he wouldnt be a good energy guy beantown? Most of the comments from people in the no suggest he throws his body around hence being only 6'6 and being able to play pf. Went back and watched warrens film if these two are allowed to play there game and get balls and weigh involved we can see some improvement. You have to question how 3 imports, 2 with very solid resumes and good words from bogut and anstey struggle to play well at the 36ers. It was clarks 1st year at the helm hopefully he has learnt from his mistakes.

Reply #325745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My bad beantown forget the energy part.

Reply #325746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You see these highlight packages and get excited. It makes you think thou, what weakness is stopping this guy from playing in the NBA?

Reply #325768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You never judge a guy on his youtube highlights. One time shooting around I hit nine three's in a row, if someone had have filmed that and put it on the net people would be saying what an awesome shooter etc

You dont see too many youtube stuff on guys shooting their teams out of games, getting taken off the dribble, missing a defensive assignment, throwing the ball out of bounds etc for good reasons.

Reply #325784 | Report this post

H  
Years ago

yeah but you get a look at what he is capable of tho
obviously

Reply #325798 | Report this post

yanza  
Years ago

I am looking foward to season opener with two legit imports two new signings adelaide r looking exciting hopefully they hav a healthy season

Reply #325845 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754