Shaqfu
Years ago

Sydney Kings sign Jerai Grant as their 2nd import

Grant, who played in college in both the four spot and at centre, stands 6'8" (203cm) and weighs 220lbs (100kg). He has a tremendous background, coming from one of the strongest high schools in the United States - DeMatha Catholic – and then spending four years at NCAA Division One Clemson University in the ultra-competitive Atlantic Coast Conference, a competition that includes such powerhouse colleges as Duke, North Carolina, Maryland and Georgia Tech.

Topic #26039 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Son of Harvey, nephew of Horace.

Might need some goggles.

Reply #326008 | Report this post

Ace  
Years ago

The merry-go-round imports has officially stopped.

The kings will destroy teams this year.

Reply #326010 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Hopefully that's the case Ace. League was pretty evenly stacked last year for the sake of a couple of teams. Hopefully this season, 1-8 will be undecided until the very end.

Reply #326011 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Hopefully that's the case Ace. League was pretty evenly stacked last year for the sake of a couple of teams. Hopefully this season, 1-8 will be undecided until the very end.

Reply #326012 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm excited about Grant's signing and his prescence in our league. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do and how he can stamp his own name to this game.

I also hope the Horace's Googles come out as a Hardwood classic collectors item or something. These days some of them look like workshop safety glasses.

Reply #326013 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Horace Grant is one of my all-time no fuss PF's. He was a beast in the first three-peat. Plus he had goggles, which is funny.

Reply #326014 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Just did a bit of reading up on Grant at Draft Express - Looks like he is mostly a hustle guy, a great rebounder and is super athletic.

I wouldn't expect huge numbers points wise, but he should be a terrific fit next to Khazzouh as a defensive stopper/rebounder. Good Signing.

Reply #326015 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

thedoctor, I reckon some time ago there was discussion on here about the All-Goggles team: from memory names like Kareem and Thurl Bailey popped up. Maybe Rambis? Special mention to Rip Hamilton? Who else makes that team?

Reply #326016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bird wore goggles for a while in the early 80s after his orbital socket got fractured and he was kicking ass with them, so he has to be in there somewhere haha

Reply #326017 | Report this post

Ace  
Years ago

Forget the goggles, congrats to Moose and Marty for their true due diligence and not letting Turner determine the selection ( not his strong point).

About time the Kings made their import selection based on need, not wants. Brian G was the only coach to consistently get this right. It's why he won so many titles. Great to see Moose has followed in the foot steps of the great man himself.

Now to get the boys to play defence with the same intensity of Brian G coached teams, and this will be a great year for the Kings.

Reply #326019 | Report this post

Ace  
Years ago

Apologise, Tim not Marty

Reply #326020 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

in the daily telegraph today it said he wanted to have his own legacy away from the limelight of his uncle and father which is why he chose to play in Australia. Let's hope Jeffrey Jordan and all of Patrick Ewing's kids do the same.

Reply #326021 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I hope he dons the great number 54

Reply #326028 | Report this post

James Worthy would def make the all goggle team.

Reply #326031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As would Amare Stoudemire

Reply #326046 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754