Tiger Watcher
Years ago

Big V Suspension

Just read on Big V website that Sedale Threatt Jnr has been suspended.

Interesting that the 3rd man in wasn't also suspended!

Got to say watching alot of Big V games this year that Sherbrooke team are by far & away one of the dirtiest teams I've seen for a few years and the coach doesn't hesitate to encourage that sort of behaviour to help get under teams skin due to their lack of on paper talent.

Can’t wait to watch the fireworks during game 2 on Saturday!!!

Topic #26040 | Report this topic

Is his father an ex-NBA player? I think he played for 76'ers, Seattle and the Lakers. What's his sons game like?

Reply #326027 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Nah i've never played in the NBA (I wish)

No relation to Sedale or have any association to Waverley.

I just watch a fair bit of the Vic ABA (Big V & SEABL) comps when i'm over here in Vic.

Same as i watch a fair bit of the SA comps when i'm home.

Reply #326029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His son is the same, lots of handles, solid Big V player, talks A LOT!

Cam Tragardh mentioned in a tweet a while back (after Ringwood played Waverley), that he thought Sedale was the dirtiest player in the game. I've seen enough games over the course to agree with that.

Sherbrooke coach has done a great job with his team this year, far less talent than other teams, but they're always in the contest. Weekend will be very interesting - Waverley wont let it go to 3 for mine, over on Saturday night.

Reply #326032 | Report this post

rabbs61  
Years ago

God in Basketball Shoes, I'm not sure that Tiger Watcher read the question correctly.

To answer your question, yes his father did play in the NBA.

Reply #326033 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Yep i didn't read it correctly!! Sorry about that!

Sherbrooke lack talent so they play the man i guess they need to do what they can to get the W's and fair game to them if it works!

On pure talent and look if that Sherbrooke team made the Big V Final it would be a massive embrassment to the league as just watching them warm up they compare to most mid-week domestic sides (looks wise) i know they have 1 or 2 talented players so this is not a slight on ther basketball ability only the general look of the team.

Reply #326039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Tiger Watcher is the same person everytime on this site then I'm guessing they're not all there

Reply #326044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's about time. Sedale continuly under cuts players on shots, lifts his elbow on drives and very often plays the man rather then the ball. Its amazing how it took the ref's the entire season to see exactly how dirty he can be when the supporters have seen it all season long....

good luck to all teams.. I think sherbrooke have done an amazing job in coming this fair after last year. Great job. Will be an interesting weekend in BIG V champ mens finals..

Reply #326058 | Report this post

anom  
Years ago

Sedale isnt a dirty player. He is by far the best in the competition, if you had seen the grand final last year, youd know what i meant. he was playing around with them.
He just gets into arguments because people are jealous of him.
you have to watch to see, he's just messing with them. get a sense of humour!

Reply #326105 | Report this post

Cats!!!!!  
Years ago

Well done to Big V! Sedale is as stated above one of the dirtest players I have ever seen. Granted has some game but GOD he is a horrible sportsman and has no clue about straight up basketball! Your not in the streets of New York now buddy! Got what he deserved and should of been longer! Go Eltham!

Reply #326108 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I can tell you that the boof head "Cats!!!!!" isn't an Eltham person as no one down at that club thinks Sedale is dirty!

I talk to some of those guys regularly and i can state they think he plays hard but fair!

My guess is someone is trying to stir the pot ahead of a possible grand final match-up between Eltham & Waverley.

Reply #326113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he was here in 08 playing against norwood in the national finals

Reply #326148 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Sounds like Sedale is the type of player that all opposition hate, but would love to have him on their team!

Reply #326154 | Report this post

Years ago

He is an awesome player. If anyone has seen him play, they'd know just how good he is. His stats don't really reflect it, but if he wanted to, he could score 20+ a game. Don't believe me? Last year in the grand final he was mvp and had 21 + points over the series, if memory serves me correctly.
And he is not a dirty player, he plays hard. He plays fair. It just seems like a lot of people have it in for him. Anyway, I'd love to see a waverley vs eltham grand final!!

Reply #326156 | Report this post

Years ago

and the game he got suspended he had 6 assists in 20 minutes. Pretty good going...

Reply #326157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sedale isn't dirty, just plays hard and physical, like all players should, people just hate playing against him, because he doesn't shut up at all (and he is very good at motivating his teammates) and his game style appears streetball and arrogant, but if you had the opportunity to sign him anyone would, he is an X factor player and isn't afraid of the clutch, good defender, expert driver and creates contact to get the AND 1s really sneakily. And just about the perfect team leader.

Reply #326185 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Just been told a rumour (So don't take this a gospel) that a major shake-up is happening at Big V head quarters due to the issues at the Sherbrooke/Waverley game maybe a key administrator is unhappy about the article that appeared on the Big V website (lasted only 25mins).

Also waiting for it to be confirmed but apparently a key employee of the competition might be on the move.

As I stated only got these down the pipe line about an hour ago and they are not confirmed.

Hopefully someone can confirm or deny them.

Reply #326239 | Report this post

mimi  
Years ago

anyone know where i can find the article? Interesting, there has always been bad blood between a few clubs. I remember seeing sedale was involved in a ringwood game and his player was thrown out.

Reply #326258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

article was pulled after about half an hour! It was an article basically having a crack at Sedale's behavior with a quote from the CEO in the article.

Funny no mention in article of punch thrown by Jonathan Lee and why he wasn't sited as well!

Reply #326280 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I guess a few of the posters on this subject got their wish of an Eltham V Waverley GF.

Just looked at the fixture and it appears game 1 is on a Sunday afternoon what a joke that is! Surely it would be on the Saturday to ensure it draws the best crowds.

Reply #326458 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

^^ but then again after the Sedale suspension would knows what the league office is thinking!

Reply #326459 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:18 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754