Moses Guthrie
Years ago

NH: Port Adelaide 2011

Port Adelaide member and supporter for more years than I can remember. Just declaring to the world that the last two weekends have been tough. I don't need your sympathy. I just want other Port supporters to know you're not alone. Take care. Plastic spoons for a few weeks with no forks or knives, whilst it'd be a good idea to use sleeping bags (definitely no linen). Hang in there (excuse the pun) and to the AFL ..... the priority pick must stay.

PS. Note I'm not going to say it can't get worse. I thought that after last week and ..... enough said.

Topic #26064 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port out of the AFL let centrals in

Reply #326324 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Poor poor Moses, and now you are so much closer to the action too!

Reply #326325 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Its all part of the master plan, Moses.

Exposing the shit that half our list is. 1 year to go and we cut our teeth into the best draft in over a decade.

Reply #326359 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Moses- The only "positive?" that us Power supporters can take out of recent weeks is that we have heard all of the jokes and that the 'jibes' fail to hurt at present, because we all agree with most of them.
Thankfully the Power are living up to thev club song, but not in the way that was intended
"There's history here in the making"

Reply #326384 | Report this post

H8R  
Years ago

Port are crap how bout 155 pts this week

Reply #326392 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

After last week's result, 155 points could be seen as an improvement.

Everyone chant together - the priority pick must stay, the priority pick must stay.

Reply #326394 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

So glad I made the trip over to Melbourne this week. I too thought we could not do worse than last week. Hmmmmm.

Reply #326395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually after seeing lst week's result I was impressed by a couple of things coming out of the Hawthorn game.

Firstly they seemed to be a team running out onto the ground as a team

Secondly, they have the strength to force their way through the banner.

Thirdly they obviously have been working hard on their accuracy scoring 5-2 v 3-3 from the previous week. A marked improvement on accuracy.

Seriously though get rid of that 1870 off the back of the jumper. It is a disgrace to link them to the proud history of the Magpies. Once they earn the right over a period of time to be mentioned in the same breath as the Magpies them put it back but as of now they are ruining the past reputation of the SANFL club

Reply #326397 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

I feel your pain Moses. That any other team in our predicament over the last decade would be getting picks 1 and 2 -- and we will end up with pick 4 (in a three-player draft) is a massive slap in the face.

Yeah there's going to be a bit of a clean out, but most of that will be mid-aged players - Ebert, Salopek, Surjan, Chaplin, Pettigrew - who have gone backwards, leaving us with a bunch of 18-22 year olds.

I think we're in for a bit of pain. Need to hold onto our top 6 players, get in some more elite youngsters and perhaps give a shot to the best players from the state leagues (as Freo have done expertly in recent years).

Reply #326433 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

I feel your pain Moses. That any other team in our predicament over the last decade would be getting picks 1 and 2 -- and we will end up with pick 4 (in a three-player draft) is a massive slap in the face.

Yeah there's going to be a bit of a clean out, but most of that will be mid-aged players - Ebert, Salopek, Surjan, Chaplin, Pettigrew - who have gone backwards, leaving us with a bunch of 18-22 year olds.

I think we're in for a bit of pain. Need to hold onto our top 6 players, get in some more elite youngsters and perhaps give a shot to the best players from the state leagues (as Freo have done expertly in recent years).

Reply #326434 | Report this post

G.....T  
Years ago

You giving someone a 155 point start?

Reply #326498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754