Bizzy
Years ago

NBA Playoffs

Are the Cavs on an irreversable slide and going to picked at the post by NJN for the 8th and final spot?

I think NJN are going to make it through and it will be all over this year for Lebron. Do you think Lebron has what it takes to be a champion? Or is he to selfish and lack confidence in his team? It sure seems that he is atm.

Your thoughts?

Topic #2607 | Report this topic

Tyler  
Years ago

I dont think he is selfish. He averages 7 assists a game. He needs more support, as did jordan until pippen came along. Cavs beat Orlando so as long as they keep winning, they will be ok. I dont they will get past the first round though. Still, I think one day he will be a champion.

Reply #29229 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Iverson is averaging almost 8 assists per game .. and some people say he is SELFISH ( im one of them )
What does that mean to you Tyler?

Does LeBron have Kobe or Iverson ball hog tendancies?

Reply #29243 | Report this post

Hubba  
Years ago

Assists is not a good stat to guage selfishness. It is the intangables. Kobe, Lebron and Iverson all pass only after they have exhausted they own scoring opportunities. Where as Magic, Bird and MJ later in his carrer knew when to score, but more importantly, when to get their teammates involved.

Reply #29245 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Hubba,

The INTANGIBLES! a new movie from Pixar!
I kinda know what you are trying to say ..but read my post again carefully .

Reply #29248 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

i do think iverson hogs it a bit because even though his assists are more than lebron, AI has a lot more shot attempts. AI has 1,683 FG attempts to lebrons 1,516 this season and AI has played 5 less games than James. Its not alot but lebron has a better shooting percentage which says to me that AI forces a lot more than lebron. Still, for AI to have as many shot attempts and as many assists, it just goes to show how much he means to the team and how involved he is with the offence.

Reply #29250 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

In relation to the question, i am a nets fan and am pleading for them to make the finals. However i have only just recently worked out whoever makes the 8th spot will be knocked out by Miami anyway and thats just a fact. If nets struggle for 90 points a game they will not be able to take miami. If we had Jefferson, that would be another story.

Reply #29271 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Man theres nuthin wrong with what AI is doing, Yes he does shoot quite alot and yes his shot attemps are high, But Philly know that and are tryin to build the team around him. They dont want to change his game cause as you can see its working. AI doesnt have the strongest team working with him but he works with what he has got. AI is the team 4 Philly and Philly know they have the Anwser

MVP 2004-05 Season Allen Iverson

Lebron on the other hand i believe is still all hype. Yes he does pull up big numbers most nights and brings alot to the cavs. But so did every other ALL-STAR in there Rookie season years after that.

Dont get me wrong fellas he is a good player but ill leave it at that.

Reply #29276 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

G-Funk-Era...The 76ers are only 2 games over .500. No way the MVP is going to a player from a team hovering around .500 which is why Lebron isn't in the running for it either. I think you have to look at the outstanding players from the outstanding teams to find the MVP candidates.

In my mind it is Shaq, Duncan or Nash. Injuries to Duncan may hurt his chances, Nash not being as big a name as the other two could hurt him. Maybe it will be Shaq.

Reply #29291 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Its either shaq or iverson

Reply #29347 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nash or Diesel for MVP, Timmy D as the smokey. Records of teams justify the MVP winner. I don't agree with that formula, but have a look at the other thread about MVP's and each year since the early 1970's the MVP has come from a team that has at least made the Conference Finals, if not the Big Dance.

Reply #29380 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Lebron James skips college and averages 26 7 and 7 in his second season and he's all hype!?!?!?!?!? if dwight howard, or kwame brown, or kobe bryant avgd that in their second seasons wud they b all hype? i think lebron is a victim of his own success...hes only 20 yrs old and is criticised for not doing things players 6 or 7 yrs older do. of course he can make improvements to his game but thats expected at 20 yrs of age!!! cavs need a decent shootin guard, and a coach which suits the team and they r east contenders next yr

Reply #29521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:55 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754