Anonymous
Years ago

My attempt at a Who Am I ? (NBA)

Who am I ?

i was drafted in the top ten in 1986. Finished 2nd in rookie of the year after averaging over 22ppg.

after a few seasons showing great potential i was involved in one the most controversial trades of the decade.

despite being robbed of some games ( and ability ) due to injury i then became one of the most controversial free agent signings of the decade.

despite never being an allstar or all nba i was an integral part of 5 championships.

Topic #26071 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

Ron Harper?

Reply #326389 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Beat me to it AK, Harper was my guess as well.

Reply #326390 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think these "Who am I?" threads are a good thing, but maybe run with "NBA Who Am I? 15 August 2011" so they have a unique topic title?

Reply #326402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the controversy ?

Reply #326477 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

The controversy was that Harper was traded because the GM didn't like Harper's friends. Also that he was traded for Danny Ferry would piss you off.

Another random fact is that he is one of only 3 players to win consecutive championships with 2 different teams. The others?
Dennis Rodman, and Robert Horry.

Reply #326489 | Report this post

melvin corpuscle  
Years ago

Rodmans championships were 89, 90 pistons and 96,97,98 bulls ...

Reply #326520 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754