Big Sexy
Years ago

One to televise Aus v NZ Olympic Qualifier

Gaze twitted yesterday that Carfino, Heal and himself will be commentating the series for One.

http://twitter.com/#!/AndrewGaze10

Topic #26159 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Thumbs up from me!

Reply #327970 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

gonna be a great series

Reply #327972 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I wonder what Gaze and Heal's reactions will be if the Boomers start losing.

Reply #327973 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if they might actually like that too....

Reply #327990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder whether they will be live or delayed

Reply #327996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh fantastic awesome to see it for free! Sucks for mine that Carfino is still hanging around Aussie basketball, he is so annoying imo Heal and Gaze with a new voice would be great for next season...

Reply #327997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

couldnt agree more, why would anyone new come to the sport when they have to listen to his commentary?

Reply #328009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Few people realise that Carfino was involved in helping get the NBL on ONE HD and whilst not everyone agrees with his sytle of commentay, he is the foremost color basketball commentator in the country and I am very happy to see him still on air.

Reply #328030 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think you are spot on there anon, he is a good special comments guy, but really struggles with the play by play stuff. Hopefully he can be returned to his more natural position this year where he adds some good value.

Reply #328032 | Report this post

hhh  
Years ago

carfinos alright... gets the job done

Reply #328093 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

at least with Casey Frank in the Tall Blacks squad, he won't be commentating lol

Reply #328104 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

If you have ever heard Phil Lynch commentate basketball then all would agree that he would be the person to front ANY basketball telecast in Australia. Great Voice - Great Presence - Great Knowledge!

Reply #328117 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agree on Phil.

Reply #328142 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/wp-content/uploads/ONE-Sept-4.pdf

Doesn't look like the games will be live and if you look what is on instead of the bball it's quite ridiculous

Reply #328149 | Report this post

opt  
Years ago

Really you want heal and gaze on the commentary bench? Please..I really cant stand listening to heal.

Reply #328306 | Report this post

opt  
Years ago

Ohh and what great timeslots, thats really going to fit into my day perfectly, going to have to buy a dvr to watch a few ball games

Reply #328309 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754