skip
Years ago

Hoops Fantasy League - Anymore interest?

Last chance if you are keen.

For those of you who don't know what this is, for the last couple of seasons, 8 of us on here have had a NBL fantasy draft league. This involves a draft before the season starts and then playing off against each other through the year. You also get the opportunity to trade players between teams as well as delist players and sign free agents.

I wanted to introduce a 2nd league which then leads to promotion/relagation between leagues.

I've only got about 4 or 5 so far interested in joining the 2nd league.

Put your name down on here by Friday if you are interested. (Don't put your name down though if you are likely to quit part way through the season if you arent doing so well)

Names put down so far are..
Flinders80
observer
hendo8888
Wookiee
Ox

Topic #26185 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would be interested

Reply #328503 | Report this post

Putty  
Years ago

i'm interested

Reply #328504 | Report this post

I would be interested

Reply #328507 | Report this post

Russ  
Years ago

I'm keen

Reply #328518 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

id love to join

Reply #328542 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I am in if there is a spot available

Reply #328562 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Jacob , I'm keen as

Reply #328570 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

TJ -

There will be a draft towards the end of September. Order for that draft will be randomly pulled out of a hat for this season. The order also reverses at the end of each round, So if you have pick 1 in round 1, you then get pick 8 in round 2 (pick 16 overall). For next season it is based on where you finished on the ladder the previous season.

You select 10 players in the draft. Each week you need to nominate a starting 5 (1C, 2F, 2G) and three bench players.
You also select a captain.

Your starting 5 receive the full amount of points they earn that week. Your bench players recieve half their points and your captain gets double points.

Scoring is taking from their virtual sports (dream team) score for that week.

Obviously some teams play more than once some weeks (and others not at all) So picking the correct starters is vital each week.

You can trade players, last season was unlimited, this year we are considering trading only to be done in specific trade periods.

There is a 2 import limit per team.

There are a few other rules/regulations which you would receive if selected for the league.

As mentioned in the previous thread, preference will be giving to long term hoops posters.

Reply #328573 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

i am keen

Reply #328576 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I'm keen if there is a slot available for me

Reply #328583 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Quick question... so it's just like Virtual Sports games without the head to head? So we're using their positions as well, so there are G/F, F/C positions? You accumulate a total overall, not for different categories, like rotisserie-style like those champions over at ozhoops run? :)

Just checking, as obviously that will determine who is the better draft choice :)

Reply #328597 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

you do go head to head against another team each week. Each team plays each other 3 times throughout the season, followed by playoff matches.

Reply #328605 | Report this post

Flash  
Years ago

Count me in as well. sounds fun.

Reply #328681 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Wookie, yes the team that scores the most points total over the week wins that round. You aren't trying to win the most categories rotisserie style.

We do use Virtual Sports FNBL for scoring each week, but I don't think the player positions are all the same though. Pretty sure Skip has decided that himself.

Reply #328701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i woul def been keen

Reply #328709 | Report this post

pure silk  
Years ago

Would love to

Reply #328710 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:52 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754