Anonymous
Years ago

24 of 28 Tigers games on One HD

With the Tigers set to have 24 of their 28 games telecast on One HD, the NBL is hoping to have Mills wearing the No.20 jersey all season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/melbourne-tigers-sign-patty-mills-amid-nba-lockout/story-e6frfglf-1226124018949

Topic #26187 | Report this topic

Phil  
Years ago

Awesome good news!

Reply #328559 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

As good as that sounds to watch Patty, sounds like it's gonna be a major screw over to other teams..hopefully not the 36ers..

Reply #328565 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

great. they will be the "new" sydney.

btw, im the original one and only phil get outta here!!

Reply #328568 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Umm, do the maths, 25 rounds with 3 games per week = 75 games and 150 teams, which means an average of around 17 games per team. So even with Melbourne getting 24 and Sydney presumably getting a lot too, other teams will still be getting plenty.

That also doesnt factor in NZ games on Sky, I havent heard if they are being screened or not.

Reply #328577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also id like to see my team on tv play the Tigers, they wont be playing themselves on tv 24 games worth, so will be great for the game!

Reply #328578 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

maybe the original but not the only phil

Reply #328579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i like that maths Paul

Reply #328581 | Report this post

Great to see. Aiming the coverage at the biggest markets is a no brainer. Will have plenty of oportunity to see the other teams as well. This will also be a way to gauge the impact of Mills playing by comparing how the Tigers games rate.

Reply #328585 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

More games on OneHD = more Exposure

More Exposure = More opportunity for Sponsorship / Bus Support

More Sponsorship = More Certainty and Stability

More Certainty = Better Quality of 'ball

Everyone's a winner

Reply #328586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I hope they still manage to juggle the rest of the league becuase i see it as a big plus but also a loss. If there are 75 regular season games and Tigers have 24 of them. Then 8 others teams excluding NZ if they get there own coverage through sky. 51 games divided by 7 is close enough to 7 games a piece and we all know that east coast wil get most of those. That leaves us poor non eastern states with little coverage of our teams. I know they have to promote it in the largest populated areas. But hey anyone remember the kings string off championships. Didnt boost their membership much and they disappeared. So how about supporting the teams that do support their clubs.

Reply #328609 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Televised games:

Wildcats: 10 of 14 home.
Crocs: 2 of 14 home, 10 of 14 away.

Add more.

Reply #328612 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Sky Sport will be broadcasting all of NZ's home games as far as I know Paul.

Reply #328622 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

how many Phils on TV?

Reply #328626 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Melbourne (with Patty) holding monopoly on TV... good.

Sydney (with erm... Goorj, and David Barlow) holding monopoly on TV... not good.

Reply #328635 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

What I meant Mystro was I havent heard if they are being screened in Australia. Have only heard 3 games on the weekends. At the very least I hope we get a late night replay of them if nothing else.

Reply #328640 | Report this post

phiL  
Years ago

And definitely not the best phil!

Reply #328650 | Report this post

pHIL  
Years ago

yeah i agree!!

Reply #328666 | Report this post

ziah  
Years ago

Heell yeah, loving 10 of 14 Crocs away games!

Reply #328669 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Is there a list released or something?

Reply #328683 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anon 609, you forgot to factor in that there are two teams in each game!!!

Reply #328687 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Top 10 Phils in the NBL?

Reply #328693 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Is Eddie Everywhere involved with Melbourne Tigers? They seem to be getting as much TV exposure as Collingwood-- Yes, it does bring in more sponsorship revenue, but many of the sponsors will clamour to be associated with Melbourne and the riches will not be shared around.

Reply #328697 | Report this post

phillip  
Years ago

anon 609 is a dumbass. like the tigers are playing themselves when they're on tv

Reply #328698 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Who cares how many home games your team gets, you should be at the home games, I wanna know how many away games each team gets!

Yeah yeah sponsorship dollars will come with more home games because of tv coverage but more people at the games is more dollars anyway!

Support your club by getting a season membership, not by watching them advertise other companies on TV.

Reply #328699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well said alexkrad

Reply #328708 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Not everyone has the money to spend on a membership or the time to go to every game alexkrad

Reply #328711 | Report this post

I am trying to find the TV schedule. Googled it and got nothing. Where did you guys get the info from?

Reply #328715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats what I want to know??

Reply #328718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please hold back your insults when I did not insult you. I know there are two teams at every game. But seriously you could add two games for each team in that twenty four and thats still only nine games compared to 24 hardly a comparison. Wow now tigers will get 4500 to game instead of 4000. Really going to promote the game in melbourne when there is no room for expansion for spectators. Great choice.

Reply #328840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's an average of something like 17 tv games per team, it's already been covered in this thread, stop bugging everyone.

Reply #328841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Cage in Melbourne only holds around 3000 people and they've already said they won't be moving any home games to a larger venue.

Reply #328843 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's right, the Cage only hold s 3500 and the Tigers averaged over 3000 last year, so wont be a big difference. The impact will be on TV and at other venues when the Tigers play there. Hopefully it will make a difference to newspaper coverage too.

With Mills signed, and Bogut apparently talking about playing for Perth, I think we need to find a way to make sure this lock out goes for a loooooooooooooong time!! What better way to make sure the ratings go up big time on last year and help secure that side of things.

Reply #328848 | Report this post

Big Phil  
Years ago

i had my phil with Phils

Reply #329208 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I would like to think the TV schedule will be a bit flexible to incorporate screening games involving bogut if he does sign to play with someone in the NBL...will be great for attracting more viewers.

Reply #329214 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754