Panther
Years ago

Jye's destiny....

Are we going for a record here on how many posts are about Jye, cause we're breaking records here!
This topic has been done to death. We all can probably admitt Jye can play. He can shot the rock. But is he going to get a chance to play for the sixers...unlikely. For one, he doesn't play for Sturt and two, the sixers had better shooters and players try out for them last year and they knocked them back, so why is Jye different?
Jye would've been better off if he had got a gig in Melbourne somewhere playing in a SEABL team. They have a lot more exposure to NBL coaches and because they play interstate he wouldn't be restricted to just coaches in Victoria.
Jye will be here for one year and that's it. Centrals will be back to cellar dwellers again next year you could almost count on that.
Good luck to Jye and the Centrals team, but let's get over this thing...

Topic #2622 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Panther, why start another thread if you think the topic has been done to death? Or was this done by mistake?

Reply #29489 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Don't point out the obvious Doc! ;)

Reply #29491 | Report this post

jezzalenko  
Years ago

Panther, your points in regards to Jye having more of a chance in getting an NBL gig in SEABL make your lack of inside knowledge very obvious. Before you rant on about your stint at the Mt, I mean knowledge in regards to Jye, not the SEABL Comp. Why dont you ask the guy why he isnt playing in the SEABL???

I agree that if you are in the 6ers squad there was a good chance you would end up at sturt with Ninnis been the coach. But plenty of players from other clubs have got their initial shot with the sixers while they were at other clubs!

"Centrals will be back to cellar dwellers again next year you could almost count on that." Thats just a stupid statement. Who knows what is around the corner. You never know SOuth may even make the finals this season???

"Good luck to Jye and the Centrals team, but let's get over this thing..." I agree! But stop adding fuel to the fire.

Reply #29492 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Jezza, why don't I ask him why he's not playing SEABL? Did you have his number? I'll give him a call now...
I've heard he posts on here so maybe he can answer your question.
Or seeing as it sounds like your Jye's agent why don't you fill me in?

Reply #29500 | Report this post

jezzalenko  
Years ago

I wish I was! haha

Reply #29501 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

Panter
Why bring this up. It's your opinion and last time I looked you are not the 6ers coach. Have you got something against Jye or are you trying to protect someone's spot on the 36ers team. Weather Jye gets a crack at the 36ers or any other NBL team remains to be seen. This young player obviously wants to play ball at the highest level possible and he has come to Adelaide to seek opportunities, I would think anyone with some game would do the same thing. I 'm sure if you had more game you would also seek opportunities. As has been discussed on this forum before that he is enjoying his time in Adelaide. Have you ever considered the reason for him coming to Centrals was not to get a gig with the 6ers but to improve his overall game under one of the better coaches going around. You may want to ask Bobby Cunningham about that as he has made comment on this forum about that.

Jye has come here to play so lets let him do that, and all the Lions fans enjoy this time.

Reply #29507 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Panther thinks that 1200 posts/week just isn't enough for this forum so he's decided to bait all the Centrals supporters a bit more.

Reply #29509 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

Yes Issac and we are falling for it but its all fun, we will not be denied our time of glory.

Reply #29511 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

"?" I don't think you read my email very well as you would've noticed that I have nothing against Jye and who's position would I be protecting in the sixers squad???
And of course he should be trying to play at the highest level, and yes if I "had more game" I would be trying to get there too. But it seems like he's restricting him self a bit by coming here. The only coach that will most likely get to see him play is Phil and if he doesn't have a spot, what next? So unless Jezzalenko IS Jye's agent he needs to put himself in front of NBL coaches.
I also wouldn't go as far as to say that every team in the SEABL gets a lot of exposure either but teams in Melbourne tend to attract NBL coaches to games.How many SA players have gone onto NBL compared to other states? My guess is besides Institute kids not a lot.
And I don't know about Ricky's coaching ability's but if he's anything like he was as a player, he would be one of the most driven, hard working coaches out there.

Reply #29514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

for one thing, you're assuming that phil would see him play!!

Reply #29518 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

That's true. I don't actually ever remember seeing Phil out at a game.

Reply #29522 | Report this post

Taperoo Kid  
Years ago

Panther, are you saying that Jye should do a 2 year course in towel waving like you did?

Reply #29525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther Stop fishing for shit!!! By the way, were you waving towels like M.L.Carr? Im just curious to who you play or have played for?

Reply #29547 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

anon, read PANTHER'S name, and see if you can think of any BASA clubs that PANTHER could be in reference to, here's a hint, it starts with South Adelaide, and ends with PANTHERS. see if you can figure out the rest.

Reply #29550 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

man i hate school holidays !

Reply #29552 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

"Panther...just curious to who you play or have played for?" (#29547)

BA HA HA! Some people seriously need it spelt out for them huh! Even curious monkey worked that one out!

Reply #29555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern, Mt Gambier, Norwood, West, South any more?

Reply #29557 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Dude (seeing as you clearly don't know who you are, or are simply not educated enough to read the "name" field, #29557), are you reading the same messages as every1 else? clearly not.

Reply #29561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was asking who panther had played for and i answered. ITA, are you reading the same messages???

Reply #29562 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Clearly...

Thought was the same anon.

Reply #29564 | Report this post

mullet  
Years ago

panther,since i was your team mate at the pioneers and i know nothing about 'jye' im just gunna go with what ur saying brother. lotta respect man.

Reply #29578 | Report this post

julius  
Years ago

Don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story Jezzalenko. I think you stated something along the lines of "if you were in the 6ers squad there was a good chance you would end up at Sturt with Ninnis being the coach".
Your right their are 100's of plares, lets see there is Justin Wilkey and ...... there is Justin Wilkey!
Good job mate!

Reply #29582 | Report this post

julius  
Years ago

Sorry, in English plares obviously means players!

Reply #29584 | Report this post

JYE WATSON  
Years ago

Panther AKA Jason Bilas i think it is right, could be wrong, My reasons for not taking other avenue's to try and succeed are well thought out and strictly my business so you wont have to worry about that. At the moment I am really enjoying Adelaide and wont be leaving any time soon as you predicted. I have an idea let me play and we will see what happens in the future, all that I am worried about aside from my team winning is reaching my full potential and if that takes me anywhere then thats great.
PS: Thanks for the interest
Jye

Reply #29608 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

I think maybe Panther has a secret crush on you Jye.. good on you for being diplomatic ..

Ricky is a great coach man learn as much as you can from him! Good luck .

Reply #29609 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

I don't know how you can say that centrals will be at the bottom of the ladder again next year. What would change from this year even if they don't have jye next year they will just recruit some one else they have a program that is appealing to players. Also every one in the team seems to be happy with the coach and the system if the environment is good; people will what to go to that program word gets around. And one more thing if you hate talking about jye so much than shut up, and don't start threads about him.

P.S jye rules

Reply #29611 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Thanks for the response Jye, and don't worry i'm not that concerned as to why you came over to Adelaide.
Once again for all the Centrals fans on here, from what i've seen and also heard you can play, there's no doubt about that, so as I said in my original post, all the best and good luck in reaching your full potential. My question was why would you choose this path rather than Melbourne but obviously your keeping that one close to your chest and that's fine.
For "Taperoo Kid" could you please elaborate on how or when I was a towel waiver? If you talk to my past team mates, coaching staff, peers and spectators i'm pretty sure they would tell you i'm more than a towel waiver. Let me guess...your highest level is church ball???
And as someone pointed out, I played juniors at West and Noarlunga, then moved to South for seniors. Went down to Mount Gambier for a season, came back and trained with Norwood for a few weeks before joining West. Went back to South for a year before moving back to Mt Gambier for work and now this year after returning to Adelaide i'm back at South. Yes a bit of a journeyman but majority of times it's due to rellocation. Any other questions?

Reply #29650 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Panther, is it really relocation or do you just enjoy pimping your hussle and hardwork???

Reply #29660 | Report this post

Jordy #20  
Years ago

Jye is a heaps good player. He helped out at one of Rickys camps, and i learnt heaps from him. I reckon he'll go far in his bball. He has certainly added to the Centrals aba team, especially with Justin Wilkie and Reggie, they make a very strong side. I see centrals heading to the top of the ladder this season, at least to the finals. They put up a great fight towards strong teams, and have been playing great lately.

Playing for centrals has given me alot of oppurtunity..and even though we hardly win games..its good to see the whole club getting out to see the men WIN some games.
p.s GO CENTRALS!!

Reply #30088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they lost to west so that is not good chief

Reply #30108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no jye what's the story?

Reply #30141 | Report this post

Jordy #20  
Years ago

apparently jye went ome sick..because i saw him there before the game and my friend told me he went home..too bad..they woulda won with his average of 30 points!!

who u callin cheif? lol. joking

Reply #30173 | Report this post

The -Bool  
Years ago

I just love this site you guys are fantastic with all your comments all of Australia need to look at this site and see just how basketball fans need to be to keep the sport realy alive .Your pashion is brilliant.On another note did you know that Paul Rees ,Vickie Kelson and Deanna Smith are from the same part of the country as Jye Watson and did you know that Vickie was Jyes first basketball coach in under 12s and they did ok to.I think that they live in Adelaide because they love the people and they just love adelaide.Thanks!!!!Adelaide for taking on our guys as your own

Reply #30190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hardly win games jordy i think you mean dont

Reply #30233 | Report this post

Jordy #20  
Years ago

no i ment centrals teams hardly win games..trust me its not fun getting whooped every week..but its nic to see the men put up a fight

Reply #31122 | Report this post

new hat man  
Years ago

u go jordy u rock

Reply #31124 | Report this post

Jordy#20  
Years ago

thanx buddy

Reply #31329 | Report this post

diko  
Years ago

(Mod: Please give up. You're trying to fight a fight that doesn't exist.)

Reply #31358 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754