History Nazi
Years ago

Interesting ABL Facts

I am really bored, after going through all the teams that have been in ABL grand finals since 1957 i have got these answers to these questions which has been asked in forums before.

Most Apperances in Women Grand Finals:
3) Drawing for 3rd with 10 apperances are Norwood Flames and Forestville Eagle
2) With 18 apperances is West Adelaide winning them selves 2nd place
1) Coming 1st with 38 apperances is North Adelaide

Most Apperances in Men Grand Finals:
3) Only having one more apperance then Sturt Forestville come 3rd with 13 apperances
2) South Adelaide win 2nd spot with 18 apperances
1) 1st goes to West Adelaide with 26 apperances

Most Apperances of a Club in Grand Finals:
3) Forestville with 23 apperances scrape into 3rd place with only 2 more then South Adelaide
2) 2nd place goes to West Adelaide with 34 apperances
1) With their women dominating North Adelaide get 1st place with 47 apperances

Most Grand Finals Clubs Have Won:
I looked at this from a percentage point of view
3) Winning 61.7% (29/47) of their grand finals only just fell behind and won themselves 3rd spot
2) South Adelaide scrapes into 2nd spot with 61.9% (13/21) of their grnad finals won (but on the other hand the had alot less to win)
1) West Adelaide winning 73.5% of their games claim 1st spot

Most Grand Finals Won in a Row Women:
3) Many teams have drawn for third place winning two in a row; Vikings, West Torrens, Glenelg, West Adelaide and Norwood
2) Forestville and Noarlunga City have both won three grand finals straight; Forestville winning the most recent 2009-2011 and Noarlunga winning 1984-1986
1) North Adelaide between 1988-1991 are the only women team to win four straight (they have also won three straight between 1969-1971 and 1975-1977)

Most Grand Finals Won in a Row Men:
3)Many teams have won two in a row including; Budapest, South Adelaide, Glenelg, Sturt Sabres, Noarlunga City and Norwood
2) North Adelaide won three in a row from 1957-1959
1) West Adelaide claimed five Grand Finals in a row from 1978-1982 (West Adelaide have also won three in a row from 1970-1972)

Most Double Headers;
3) 3rd spot goes to Forestville having 4 double headers 2 of them being a double double header
2) North Adelaide secured 2nd spot with having a double hearder 5 times
1) West Adeliade winnning 1st spot having had 9 double headers in grand finals

Please dont trust these stats because by all means they may be wrong but i tried my best, i thought the whole thing was very interesting. Hope it answered questions

Topic #26227 | Report this topic

trevor  
Years ago

very interesting, nice job. Though most grandfinals won should not be done by percentages. It should be done by most grandfinals won...

Reply #329300 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

Another aspect is clubs that change their names or merge, eg Glenelg became Noarlunga Tigers and therefore could claim more GFs etc. I think in the women,Vikings merged with West Torrens, which of course later became Forestville.
(The original Kingston club was also called Sturt, I think, for a while.)

Budapest became Norwood ...

Reply #329327 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

I think that you will find a Kingston Basketball Club photo above the canteen at Port Adelaide and this club evolved to become West Adelaide

Reply #329331 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Sturt I believe actually evolved from United Church.

Reply #329346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find Sturt actually evolved from Hell.

Reply #329347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warriors will evolve into Magic!

Reply #329349 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754