Anonymous
Years ago

Best ABL Referees Around

Who in your opinion are the best ABL refferees around and why. Is it communication or Skill, or other reasons such as looks and personality

Topic #2623 | Report this topic

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Let's leave this one alone ... see what a hornets nest my game report of the Norwood v woodville game brought up !!
I think there was plenty of bagging going on ..

Reply #29531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

welbourne has always seemed like someone who is very professional in his refereeing

Reply #29541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hainesy!

Reply #29567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

benn macdonald

Reply #29579 | Report this post

The Reporter  
Years ago

Nath Weiland

Reply #29581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

daniel troy and wayne maidment!

Reply #29598 | Report this post

Manute's G-String  
Years ago

Paul (Peter) Welbourne would have to be up there. As for Benn pfffffffffffffffffft!

Reply #29612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at the Flames vs Tigers games last night and i have to say, all the trash that was directed towards Benn Macdonald in recent posts was spot on. When reading the negative comments, i had trouble believing them, but after his performance last night, he should be relegated to social ball. I will not be making it my business to go to games where he is officiating in future.

On a more positive note, the other guy did a commendable job. Well Done. (sorry not sure of his name)

Reply #30126 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Who won

Reply #30169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern.

Reply #30172 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Thanks in the guys or girls

Reply #30175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern won men. Dont know women.

Reply #30177 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

That has F***** my tipping. Oh well well done to Southern. First win in three season on another teams home court.

Reply #30179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

southern men won and girls lost.. of course!

Reply #30184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thin the other ref was matt coombe? how did dan troy ref last night ne1 know?

Reply #30185 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Dan Troy did very well last night!

Reply #30210 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Doddo ...

Flames V Tigers was ugly... Norwood gave up a 15 pt lead !!
Our club needs you back man . Any chance youll be back next year?

Reply #30216 | Report this post

about time  
Years ago

young josh for sure seems to have the communication to be a great ref others could take a leaf out of his book

Reply #30231 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Josh Wilson-Smith: very good ref!

Reply #30236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dan Hughes

Reply #30237 | Report this post

Bruce Northcote  
Years ago

I umpired the Flames-Tigers mens game with Benn (not Matt Coombe).

Matt and I did the Rockets-Mavs womens game at Hillcrest later that evening.

Reply #30296 | Report this post

Old School Ref  
Years ago

For u knob's that put daniel troy get ur hand off it. Those people that put Welbourne, MY GOD. R u one the dickhaed that goes out with welbby on the weekend.

The best Ref's at the moment R Phil Haines, Nath Weiland, Nath Durant, Andy Filmer.

Reply #30370 | Report this post

what the???  
Years ago

whoa!!! what's your problem with Welby may i ask???
and if your going to get stuck into someone maybe you should get your grammar and spelling right as it doesn't do you any favours.
maybe the poeple who put welbourne as their best do it for a reason mate!!!!

Reply #30386 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

oldschoolref ever thought why your exactly that? because the days where u shouldnt talk to the players are gone, and i honestly dont think you have reffed in a long time if so you would know the upcoming talent. to have a nick like that insults all the umpires out there, you hide behind a facade, bag the upcoming refs, yet use to be one urself?? you should know yound refs and the upcommers need support and not to be abused.

yet you use a nick and hide your identity. sad, real sad.

Reply #31819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous (#30126)
From what I have seen ben is one of the better refs in this state and so people like you don't help when you are so critical and I cant believe you would avoid a game if he was umpiring - If his umpiring was that bad the umpire bosses would not keep giving him the top appointments
I am sure Bruce would agree he could learn from refing with Benn and his experience...

For the record some of the young umpires have done well this year, and I agree Welbourn is a top guy and not a bad ref either.

Reply #33310 | Report this post

cheeky  
Years ago

i dont hang aroung wellbourne but i reckon hes a bloody good ref and we dont have many mate

Reply #33371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

old school ref, u have no idea what you are talking about.. dont bag up coming refs... lose their confidence... u were a ref once and you probably got bagged and didnt like it so leave them alone... My opinion.. Wayne maidment, dan hughes, dan troy, nath wieland. josh wilson smith

Reply #33380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Pepacelli.... what a star
vote matty no1

Reply #33459 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754