BALLER#3
Years ago

Dome Scoreboard

Is it time for a new scoreboard? Both the scoreboard above the door and the scoreboard above the court are getting a little dated. Im not saying we should have an NBA style Super screen that is as big as the stadium or anything. But maybe replace the old scoreboard with a newer screen that could show highlights and create a better intro for the team etc.

Have a similar style to the one we have now but have 4 screens of the same size instead?

Topic #26268 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

And who pays for it BALLER#3?

The owner of the dome isn't really coughing up any cash lately.

Reply #329945 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Baller#3, there were plans to get a new scoreboard back around 2007-2008; the last thing I heard at that time was that a new scoreboard was "shipping" in December of that year, but that's as far as it got.

Reply #329947 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

i heard the boat stopped off at the gold Coast and their scoreboard is what the dome would have had

Reply #329958 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

We can't always have nice new things, I accept that, however the current one does seem to malfunction an awful lot.

Reply #329969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be happy if they could go back to showing the scores on the screen below the scorers bench. I'm not sure why this wasn't used last season.

Reply #329978 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

they should just go to JB hifi buy some big flat screen tv's and bolt them on up there, that would be better than what they currently have. its pretty pathetic what is up there at the moment, was good back in the day but a nokia 5110 has more processing power than that board.

Reply #329983 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Skip, Don't get too defensive.
I recall the big HYPE about Eddy taking over the Dome and the fantastic upgrades which were going to happen.
It obviously never happened but but baller#3 probably remembers all of the promises made but not delivered.

Reply #329987 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bobby, it's pretty ancient technology. Can't see the Dome owner putting up the money for anything like this in a hurry.

Reply #329988 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Im not saying we need to spend trillions on a scoreboard just a scoreboard that works properly.

I understand that they dont have alot of money to throw around but if the arena wants to be known as a world class basketball venue then its going to need something done to its scoreboard in the next few years.

Reply #329990 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

lol @ world class. they need more than a scoreboard for world class.

Reply #329991 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Yeah what was the excuse with the 'old' new scoreboard a few years back, I remember for a couple months people posting that it would be arriving in a couple weeks, ready in time for certain games etc and then never turned up....?

Reply #330040 | Report this post

The Special One  
Years ago

As long as the scores dont cut out half way through the fist 1/4 i dont care bout the score board.

Reply #330125 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

The scoreboard is almost 20 years old, of course a new one is needed.

Reply #330234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was talking to one of the staff today about the new screen that was at the last game.
The sixers have purchased this screen, and it is designed to go into the cube as a new scoreboard.
They hope to have another screen for the next home game, and two more for next season, once they have four they will go into the cube.
Over this season we will start to get a lot of stats through these screens as they develop the system

Reply #337260 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754