curious
Years ago

when will the NBA lockout end? predictions?

when do you think the NBA lockout will end and the first game of the season will be played! put your predictions here and we will see who is right!

Topic #26294 | Report this topic

JTW  
Years ago

Next Tuesday ...why not

Reply #330479 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

IMO, it will go ahead as planned.

Reply #330481 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sounds like training starts 01Oct2011.
and playing 01Nov11.

Reply #330485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree with isaac season starts on time. no games lost. and will be better then last season.

Reply #330489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interesting issac...whys that?

Reply #330490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

artile on adelaidenow saying season starting on time might be chance http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/nba-may-have-shot-at-ending-lockout/story-e6frecj3-1226135356793

Reply #330494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is feels wrong and completely crazy but part of me doesnt want to the NBA to start on time. I'd probably actually perefer it to start 2 or 3 months late because how often do we get a chance to see Bogut and Mills play here in the NBL? It would be insanely good for the NBA. What are other peoples thoughts on this?

Oh well atleast would be funny if went ahead in that melb lost corletto and wont get a single game of mills. and on the, say the NBA starts again on time, I'm assuming that mean Bogut and Mills wont play a single game in the NBL? Or can the squeeze in a game or 2?

Reply #330495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHOOPS - *It would be insanely good for basketball in Australia

Reply #330498 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Few articles on ESPN suggesting that the two sides are getting pretty close. Players being told to prepare. One guy from the players' association side tweeted something about the season likely to go ahead as normal - looked like it was meant to be a DM but he accidentally posted it publically, then claimed his account was hacked (not buying that for a second; social media hackers post spam or claims for money).

Melbourne may have picked up a few season ticket holders based on the Mills signing. Hope they didn't like Corletto.

Reply #330499 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

yeah Derek Fisher has told the players to get their bodies ready so the division between the owners and players must be shrinking.

I will also piss myself laughing if Melbourne didn't get a game out of Mills, cheers for Corletto tho

Reply #330501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't understand why as basketball supporters you don't want to see guys like Mills and Bogut playing in the league.

Reply #330502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

which league anon? are you talking about nba or nbl when you say that?

Reply #330504 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Is Mills guaranteed a start in the NBA even if it goes ahead? Currently he only has Portland's qualifying offer to match any offer from another team for up to that amount. Either way, I guess he will have to head to the US to get in front of the selectors and GMs or he will be quickly forgotten.

Reply #330505 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I think the NBA season will start on time as well.

As for I wouldnt like to see Mills, Bogut playing here.....because I would like to see them competing in the best comp and becoming the best players they can be, by doing that they are going to help Basketball Australia which should hopefully flow down to the NBL.

The NBL is still a good product in my opinion without them....sure they may attract a few extra fans and it would be good to see them live but once they do head off those supporters are unlikely to stick around anyway as the product goes back to what it would have been without them.

Reply #330506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Melbourne may have picked up a few season ticket holders based on the Mills signing. Hope they didn't like Corletto." - Very true, but now they are likely to feel ripped off despite it was them who took the risk that mills might leave and shouldve known all along. All I'm saying is, whether warranted or not, the tigers cant afford any more fans being driven away than those who have been by stupid management, crap stadium, super expensive tickets I could go on all day. Ditching corletto also wont go down well with any loyal fans they still may have.

Reply #330511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how stupid will the tigers look! looking pretty likely it will start on time

Reply #330513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I meant that it would be great to see them playing in the NBL - it could only be a good thing for Australian basketball so I find it strange that there's people on here laughing about them potentially not playing a game in the NBL. As for the tigers looking stupid - Adelaide was keen to sign Mills and Bogut (and it would have been great if they had landed one of them) so not sure why this criticism is being levelled at the tigers only.

Reply #330540 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

With the way Melbourne's management, coaching staff and players have behaved over the years I'm surprised that they have any fans left.

Reply #330543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tigers look stupid because they're the only ones to sign an NBA player. corletto will look stupid for leaving after they dropped him, especially when i read somewhere that the vixens arent letting his wife leave melbourne

Reply #330559 | Report this post

Years ago

Players are getting their bodies ready... so as they can visit the ATM

Reply #330561 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Doubt it will start on time IMO. There are under two months to the start of the season.. I hear too they are getting closer but I think they are still some way apart, the players and the NBA were just happy because some progress was made, some concessions made. But under 2 months isn't long to close the gap completely on the money issues, then wrap up everything else like salary cap, pensions, health, insurance, and all the other issues that would go into the CBA. Then you have to have some sort of preseason and enough time for training camp. I reckon they'll be ready to go by Dec/Jan...

PS love the "hacked my account" defence.. The Man City CEO just got dumped for mocking a cancer patient by email. Of course he got hacked. Oh but he didn't, and then he got fired. Man City all class.

Reply #330567 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Guess it depends on how much the media are really telling us. I personally think the nba could do with a lockout. None of the players or owners are hurting for money, yet they keep complaining about it! I say bring on the college season, way more interesting to watch!
Yet saying that I think both sides will come to an agreement by the beginning of the season. Everyone thought the NFL would be in a lockout and it started on time.
Be a shame for fans though who bought tickets to see Mills and Bogut play.

Reply #330577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope the lockout ends after the 14th October as I want to see how patty mills goes against the lethal back court of Perth lead by Damien Martin which I recon Martin would do a number on mills

Reply #330616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think the tigers will be the only team to sign an NBA player as it looks like Sydney will get Bogut. I read that Adelaide are also talking to him this week - cue the double standards.

Reply #330657 | Report this post

Steve Ab  
Years ago

bet yall all feel dumb now huh issacc? lockouts is not gunna end till the players association gets exacly what they want

Reply #337272 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:54 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754