Phil
Years ago

New NBL Sponsor?

The new NBL sponsor is set to be named today. Who will it be?

Topic #26304 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Cory Websters dealer?

Reply #330640 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Samsung

Reply #330641 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

what happened to iinet or is this another sponsor

Reply #330648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another sponsor.

Reply #330653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any news?

Reply #330670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didnt iinet sign on for multiple years?? what happened that sponsorship/partnership anyone know?

Reply #330671 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

thinksmart

Reply #330677 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The National Basketball League has signed leading international financial services company ThinkSmart Limited (ASX:TSM) as a Major Partner of the iiNet NBL Championship for the 2011/12 season.

The addition of ThinkSmart further strengthens the league's growing financial base and Basketball Australia Chief Executive Officer Larry Sengstock said the NBL and ThinkSmart were a natural fit that would complement each other.

"ThinkSmart are renowned as an innovative international brand with proud Australian roots, which is a great match with us as an Australian-based challenger brand," said Sengstock. “This is the first time we have had a league partnership in the financial services sector which is exciting.”

“ThinkSmart’s support of the NBL via its market leading RentSmart product is a terrific vote of confidence in the NBL’s strategic direction,” Sengstock added. “It shows that the growth we have exhibited over the past few years is being recognised in the corporate world.”

Reply #330678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So are they the naming rights sponsor? Or is this a mjor sponsor to go along with iinet?

Reply #330680 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think if it were a naming rights sponsor, they would've explicitly said that. The press release still brands the competition with iiNet.

No ThinkSmart logo on the NBL site yet that I've noticed.

Reply #330686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't there supposed to be a league launch today?

Also, any news about ONEHD TV Schedule?

Reply #330691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, visited the iiNet site, check this out:

http://www.iinet.net.au/nbl/ < nice mini-site

& http://iinbl.tumblr.com/ < what's this about?

Reply #330693 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Second link may be an unofficial thing by a fan. I think there was someone after the announcement who took it upon themselves to try and promote the partnership, but I don't believe it was done with the backing of the league or iiNet.

Launch was today at noon. Nothing anywhere online yet so maybe they're otherwise occupied. They really should've been live-tweeting it at least. There is a release embargoed until tomorrow, but it's unrelated to sponsor, launch, TV deal or Bogut.

Reply #330695 | Report this post

dodge city  
Years ago

"Sengstock said the NBL and ThinkSmart were a natural fit that would complement each other"

I'm pretty sure he'd say the same thing if libra fleur threw enough money at the NBL.

Reply #330698 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I heard Larry Sengstock on the radio this afternoon. He mentioned the '5-year' deal and on-going partnership between the NBL and ONE, but made no specific mention of how many games will be shown live this season. Hopefully they'll be able to confirm something shortly. I've heard them talk about three live games (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) but this still needs to be finalised. You can bank on a minimum of two lives games per week as per last year, it won't be any less than that.

Reply #330699 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

dodge, same would be true of any sport sponsorship press release. Only the brave would bother doing much more than skimming them. So dry and fluffy.

Reply #330702 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hahaha dodge. Imagine the adverts for the NBL then. Teams running around on the beach having fun throwing beach balls to each other. ; )

Endless possibilities!

Reply #330705 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Tomorrow's Press release is about the Nike Asia Pacific Team Camp at Dandenong. Bogut, Grant & Harper.

Reply #330717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grant & Harper?

Reply #330720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I'm pretty sure he'd say the same thing if libra fleur threw enough money at the NBL."

Maybe a couple of years ago when they were really trying to stop the bleeding...

Reply #330733 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754