Isaac
Years ago

Tigers vs Kings pre-season game, Mills playing

Live stats

Topic #26311 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings 47-40 at half time - no Burston and the boards are 26-13! Ouch.

Reply #330736 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Tiges will struggle on the boards this season...

Reply #330743 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like they saved him (Mills) up for the fourth.
Here he goes Now!

Reply #330744 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Looks like Mills went off in the 4th quarter! Walker with some good contributions late too.

Jerai Grant has racked up 4 blocks for the Kings and Bose has had a poor shooting night, but filled up the scoresheet 9 rebs, 4 ast, 2 stls and 3 TO.

Reply #330745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah 9 straight points in a couple of minutes from Mills to put them ahead. Got out double figures but now Bruce and Grant are leading a fight back. 3 point game with 17 seconds left.

Reply #330746 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

No wait ..here comes Aaron Bruce.. gamebreaker.

Reply #330747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unbelievable , Kings win!! Bose missed a three to send it to overtime but Bruce got the OR and was fouled by Mills shooting a three. He made the first, and second, missed the third but Khazzouh got the OR and won it on the buzzer!

84-83.

Reply #330748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Khazzouh - 23 on 9/20, 15 rebounds and 2 blocks
Bruce - 14 on 5/9, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 turnovers
Bose - 11 on 4/16, 9 boards, 4 assists, 3 turnovers
Grant - 10 on 5/13, 7 rebounds, 4 blocks

Reply #330750 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Wow, looks like a great finish! The Tigers looked to have come from behind to take the game with a big 4th quarter, but the Kings didn't give up and Bruce and Khazzouh have stolen the win with 4 points between them in the last 7 secs!

Judging from the play by play, after Bose missed a three with 11 secs left that would have tied the score, Bruce has stolen the rebound and been fouled on another three attempt! He made 2-3 and then Khazzouh scored off the missed third FT to seal the 1 point win!

Reply #330751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills - 23 on 9/15, 3 assists
Walker - 14 on 6/8, 5 rebounds
Tragardh - 10 on 4/10, 7 rebounds after having none at 1/2
Ubaka - 10 on 4/7
Greer - 10 on 4/9

Reply #330752 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Great finish by Aaron Bruce. He didn't know it.
He didn't think it could be done
But in the final end , he won the war
After losing every battle.

Reply #330753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how dramatic is this guy ^

Reply #330756 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He's a poet.

Reply #330759 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

I went to the game. Mills was hitting everything - looked like a different player to the guy playing for the Boomers last week. We made some amazing passses as well. Tim Lang played for Matt Burston. The Tigers wore last seasons singlets which was a bit weird (Ubaka wore Williams singlet, Lang wore Burstons, Mills wore Helliwells I think etc).

Khazzouh and Bruce were the standouts for Sydney. Madgen did not play for Sydney.

I think the players in the crowd could have formed a great team as well - Redhage, CJ Massingale, Bridgewater, Kendall amongst others.

Mills missed a three pointer on the last play. Greer had the ball and could not find a player which costs valuable secons and then gave it to Mills who had no real chance to hit the prayer.

Reply #330760 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Mills wearing Helliwell's singlet? LOL, I'm surprised he didn't trip over it!

Reply #330761 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Tigers were better with Mills and Dillon on the court. Early on they were still the Tigers of last season with Ubaka directing everything instead of Williams. Mills and Dillon bring fresh energy as does Benny Lewis who works extremely hard.

Without Burston they struggled on the boards and with his injury problems this may become their weakness.

Reply #330764 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Wouldnt be surprised if they signed Lang as an 11th man as cover.

Reply #330766 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Mills didnt wear Helliwell's singlet, Dillon did. Patty was actually the only bloke on the Tigers with a brand new singlet, number 20. They must've made sure he had it for the launch yesterday. He did wear Corletto's warm-up top though with the number 4 on it which I found quite ironic.

The Kings deserved to win this game. They had a double-digit lead most of the game, only losing it late when Mills led an inspired comeback with Aaron Bruce sitting on the bench.

Speaking of Aaron Bruce, man, he is back! If he doesn't win most improved player this season, something is wrong with the system. At his best he is an 'A' grade player in our league, and Sydney will benefit greatly with him running the show.

Sydney will be quite a good outfit. Not sure if they'll push the top four, but they certainly won't finish last. They've upgraded their imports, they've certainly upgraded their point guard, Madgen will be a force to be reckoned with at the two-guard spot, Bose should be rookie-of-the-year (once he finds his three-point range with the extended line), and Khazzouh is just a stud.

Reply #330767 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Sydney looked good, ran their stuff and scrapped for everything. Tigers have the 'glam' and when they run it looks good but Sydney have 'grunt'. They are even better with Madgen.

Reply #330781 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150289344969135.334459.572699134&type=1

For Patty Mills and other Australian NBA players.

Reply #330783 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

Sorry here is the correct link:

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150289344969135.334459.572699134&l=b2ed31d5c4&type=1

NBA JERSEY SALE:

Reply #330784 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Yeah, I like the look of the Kings. When Madgen and Dann come back, they will most likely move Ratzsch and Bose to the bench, so they have quite a bit of depth.

Reply #330786 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Loyalty aside, right now I'm thinking Benny Lewis should have sought a new home during the off season.

If Mills stays for an extended period of time I don't expect Benny will get much of the ball or court time this season.

I've only seen Benny in short bursts however he's shown enough to suggest he is better than a 5-10 minute per game player.

What could have potenially been a break out year looks more likely to be another season spend mostly on the pine.

Reply #330834 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Anybody at the game able to tell me what the Tigers were running with Patty on the court? Can't imagine he is familar with a lot of the sets?

Reply #330835 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

Ubaka was calling a 'horns' offence often when Mills was on the floor.

Reply #330841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers will regret not talking to aaron bruce thats for sure! He is a star and people forgot that he didnt play for 2 years the way he is playing at the moment has certainly created a buzz.. Now he has his legs and a pre season under his belt i hope he can get his game going and push for a boomers call up, he is shooting the 3 very good in pre season games could be upgrade on gibson and martin for last spot on the london team if he brings that into season 11.. Who would of thought?!

Reply #330929 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea i was hoping Bruce would play, as i expected him to re-capture his previous good form this coming season after having a pre-season, i guess the 36ers would have offered him the back up pg position but were always looking at a Gibson/import starting pg. The kings would have offered him the startiung spot and more $$ than Crosswell is on is my guess so he took it, which is fair enough from his point of view.

In some of my mock teams i would have had Bruce starting in some cases as SG, as i see Bruce as a combo guard, and would have been happy to see a guard line up of

Warren (import PG)/Crosswell
Bruce/Herbert

esentially replacing Ng with Bruce, nothing against Ng, but i just see Bruce as being a potential star.

However Bruce would have definatly cost more than Ng so may have made us weeker in other areas, so not neccessarily a bad move to let him go if it means we are well balanced and a deeper team.

Good luck to Bruce my early pick for MIP this year.

Reply #330936 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I got the impression (whatever that's worth) that Bruce wasn't really on the radar. I think if they'd got Schensch, it would've been a starting PG (import or Gibson) with a young backup like Daly.

Hopefully he has a good season save for games against Adelaide... Obviously has a higher ceiling than someone like Crosswell, but I am very happy to have Crosswell in Adelaide for his leadership/experience.

Reply #330955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruce is a head-case, one good game every now and then doesn't mean much.

Reply #331189 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754