Anonymous
Years ago

NBA.com: NBA Lockout Situation bad as ever

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/09/14/labor-where-do-we-go-from-here/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

I just dont know what to think anymore. We go from being told will have no season at all to will have full season starting on time and now back to no season.

Topic #26316 | Report this topic

Vart  
Years ago

I vote for no season - c'mon NBA, do it for us Aussies!

Reply #330821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

like ^

Reply #330837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its all good to go on about contracts like Rashard Lewis amd how he shouldnt be making more than Lebron next season BUT if thats the case dont offer the guy that kin dof contract... Owners are dumb to be putting that kind of money on the table. Stop looking for quick fixes, and be realistic that a guy like Lewis is not going to be as good during his first year of that contract than what he is in the 3rd or 4th! People with that much money to throw around shouldnt complain later when there investment stuffs up!

This is good for the basketball world wide, and all it does is allow the rest of the world to catchup to the NBA. In 10 years time basketball will be like soccer, Premier league for example is great, but isnt the dominant force, as it shares the lime light with the Spanish and Italian leagues for example.

Reply #330847 | Report this post

JTW  
Years ago

MIAMI—Heat forward Chris Bosh confirmed Sunday he plans on dribbling around and shooting hoops alone in his driveway during the NBA lockout. "I want to keep playing the high-caliber basketball I'm accustomed to, so until someone calls me back, I'll be in my driveway pretending Karl Malone is defending me and I'm on the 1997 Chicago Bulls," Bosh told reporters, adding that he'd recreate pressure-filled game situations by making crowd noises with his mouth as he played. "The NBA doesn't seem like it wants to work out a deal, so I hope other players will join me. I mean it; guys are welcome to come over anytime. I've got cold Gatorades in the fridge and video games for when it gets dark. Please, someone, come over." Bosh reconfirmed multiple times that the backboard on his hoop is, in fact, Plexiglas, "just like a real NBA one."
http://www.theonion.com/

Reply #330854 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I've thinking of chucking a lazy pineapple on that there will be decertification. The fourth group involved, which people are forgetting are the agents.

Billy Hunter promised the players and with the meeting next week, the whole process is back to the beginning after talks broke down earlier in the week. Hunter hasn't done much bar waste time, and as soon as players start missing pay cheques, the doo-doo will hit the fan.

Reply #330859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbl > nba? lol
if there is no season for nba, then this would be true

Reply #330978 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:24 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754