Isaac
Years ago

Bogut to Blaze case builds

Hate to flip-flop on my previous tentative call that the Kings all but had it, but the case for the Blaze is building quickly. Either that, or players are misleading people as a bit of a stunt:

Goulding:

If I was you I would get on board with a @GCBlaze season membership NOW! Hint, hint... That's all I'm gonna say!!
Cadee:
This season just got interesting :) # @GCBlaze

Topic #26319 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought we were a very good shot earlier in the week but Im now going the other way.

There is too much talk going on on twitter and facebook from everyone involved with the club for it to be serious. Surely if it was a done deal any comments would be barred by the club and saved for a very big press conference?

Reply #330840 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

If true, I predict Will Hudson falls over at training tomorrow which will leave him out for an undetermined period of time, possibly the entire season.

Reply #330844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or theyll just cut him?

Reply #330869 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Saw this Tweet from Bogut yesterday too:

"Had good meeting with the @GCBlaze today! Will try and make decision this weekend. Will be tough!!"

The plot thickens...

Reply #330871 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

hope its not g/c.

the benefits for the league are in sydney.

Reply #330878 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think that's what everyone is hearing if hearing is to be believed...

Reply #330879 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

i think 2 GC boys are trying to build some hype...certainly got the hoops faithful jumping..

shame that players are getting ditched ...corletto...to make way tho...

Reply #330880 | Report this post

Sharod  
Years ago

Chris Goulding is giving hint now!! That's it!?

Reply #330882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's the love for Adelaide?

With all the talk about Kings and Blaze, on Monday he should say he signed with the 36ers.

Reply #330887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the inception of the capital city clash round in the coming season was basically for syd & Melbourne to show off their NBA talent

Reply #330889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he should go to sydney, but stranger things have happened.
he will be wasted in either system under joey or moose, but will make these teams look better drilled than they actually are
will be awsum if he does sign, hope its the kings personally but anywhere is good!

Reply #330894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When for this time of year he's normally in the Milwaukee winter, some time in the Gold Coast spring/summer(?) sun must be more than a little bit tempting. It would be a very cruisy experience too, while Sydney would be fairly manic. But I would think that the 'manic' would kind of be the point, ie, if his priority is to give the NBL a boost, really, Sydney really should be the no brainer. But you never know, perhaps GCoast have pulled a rabbit out of the hat re insurance, while the Kings haven't yet quite been able to pull it together?

I think it would be a shame if he does end up at the Blaze though, the 'event' won't reach anywhere near it's potential.

Reply #330898 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I dont see how he would be wasted in any system. I would imagine the offense would revolve around him pretty much, who can stop him?

Reply #330909 | Report this post

BJennings3  
Years ago

Chris Goulding hinting on twitter that AB will be going to GC Blaze....doesnt that annoy anyone....shouldnt AB himself make the announcement....i hope AB doesnt takes his talents to south beach opps i meant the gold coast

Reply #330917 | Report this post

Sharod  
Years ago

I just thought that one of the benefits for AB joining the Blaze could solidify the chance of Brisbane club return in 2012/13. And a second Melbourne club would likely after the Brisbane return rather than in reverse order.

Reply #330926 | Report this post

bushwick bill  
Years ago

LOL....IF I WERE AB I WOULF BE PISSED OF AT BUBBLES

Reply #330943 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think Adelaide will get him, but kudos to Ballinger for this attitude:

But he (Ballinger) was willing to delay his return to accommodate Bogut, a 10-point player.

"Stand aside for a guy who is virtually an NBA All Star? You bet I'd do it," he said.
Especially to be willing to do that as a captain.

Reply #330952 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

If he comes to the GC Id say it would be tied in with the City Council and their bid for the 2018 Commonwealth Games in some way.

Reply #330956 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

So he's been linked to perth, adelaide, sydney and now the gold coast. Next week townsville, then cairns and followed by wollongong.

Regardless of where he stops, there is little doubt bogut has raised his profile and that of the nbl teams in the media these past weeks.

Reply #330960 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Social media is going nuts, with GC and Kings both seeking fan support to help get Bogut to their teams!

Reply #330961 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Statman - that's a good point. It's at the business end of the bid process, and both the State Govt and Councils are up for re-election in the next few months.

It's pork-barrelling of this sort that I don't mind so much!

Looks loike I'll be a regular commuter to the GC from Brisbane for Blaze home games. They play out of the Convention Centre which has room for significant crowd growth. Last time I was there the stadium was only half full

Reply #330963 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Regarding the Games bid, at next weeks pre season game against Townsville there will be a heap of Delegates in attendance so the call is out all over the Coast to get to the game and make a good impression of our pasion for sports.

Blaze are also playing 2 games this year in Brisbane so having Bogut around for them will obviously help to boost interest in Brissy and help the Bullets consortium gain some momentum.

thedoctor, did you come down to the Sixers games last season? Wasnt you wearing an old school Brett Maher top was it ;)

Reply #330965 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I did attend the games last season, but no it wasn't me in the Maher jersey. I was there with a few Bearcats lads.

Do you know where the Brisbane games are being played? Would be great if it was at South Bank, rather than the Ent Cent. Went to the Boomers game on the weekend and it's very hard to get to without driving, then they slug you $10 for the pleasure of parking.

Reply #330969 | Report this post

bushwick bill  
Years ago

The way the blaze org have handled this bogut signing lacks professionalism and a lack of class!...bogut your dont sign with such a team. ..

Reply #330970 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i found it easy to get there by train last week.

back in fnq now and still can't get over that chick singing our anthem !!!

haw-stralians haw-all let us rejoice !!! wtf ??

Reply #330971 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Julia Gillard has a lot to answer for!

I found it very easy to get to Boondall by train too. No need to change trains and a short walk through the carpark from the station. The Blaze games are at Southbank though, which is such a great location and so well set out.

Reply #330972 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Re: Boondall, it depends where you are starting from. From the CBD it's OK, but anywhere else as soon as it becomes a 2 seat journey it takes a long time to complete.

Imagine if the game was at 7pm on a Friday at South Bank - the after work crowd would add another 1000 people at least, maybe more.

Reply #330991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#KingBogut, @AndrewMBogut and @TheSydneyKings are all trending in the top 10 for Sydney. #AndrewBogut is top 10 nationally.

Reply #331049 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Except it only holds 4000!

Reply #331057 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

paul - do you mean the Convention Centre? Really? I assumed it held 5 or 6 thousand.

Reply #331061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In terms of the Bogut:
Gold Coast's stadium holds 5,000,
Sydney's 10,000

Reply #331062 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Yes doc, the 2 games in Brissy are at Southbank 16th October and 19th Feb - both Sunday arvo games

Reply #331064 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Pretty sure it is around 4000. Which is a good size for NBL really, 5000 is about perfect. If only it was a bit cheaper to rent. BA need the government to come on board and provide some cheaper rent for a Bullets team, even if they played 9 at Chandler and 5 marquee games at the Convention Centre.

Reply #331067 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

I think The GC might trying to drum up some business on AB's name. The word on the street is there is still 1 City to visit for a little chat.

Reply #331220 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

According to an Gold Coast article I read the sixers spoke with Bogut over the weekend

Reply #331227 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Yep,not in person though.I think the Blaze boys are a little premature on the Twitter is what im saying. Im sure he will visit and check out the facilaties before signing anything, anywhere.

Reply #331231 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Still in the Race!!!36ers

Reply #331300 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I do wonder if Marty got in his ear much during the Boomers v Kiwis series.

Reply #331302 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:32 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754