Lions Parent
Years ago

What is 'Court Development'

In a recent forum discussion a reference was made to a Basketball Projects Officer being responsible for "Court Development".
A couple of times I asked for a definition but got no response.
I am not being a smart arse, I just want to know what it is and what it entails exactly.

Topic #2632 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would think it means oncourt development of players and coaches. This means actively getting out their and running training sessions as well as overseeing training sessions. Lion parent, what does it matter???? Damn, have you got some kind of obsessive compulsive thing about finding out about useless facts. Pickup the phone and ring the club!

Reply #29631 | Report this post

Lions Parent  
Years ago

Anonymous... I just wanted to know. No need to be offensive.

Reply #29642 | Report this post

Lions Parent  
Years ago

Sheesh, I dont believe it!
66 reads and the only answer I get is from some wally who doesn't know the difference between "their" and "there", then proceeds to berate me.
I suspect that "Court Development" is just a made up term designed to help fill up a page and nobody out there can give me an answer because there isn't one.

Reply #29649 | Report this post

Glenn S.  
Years ago

Lions Parent please call me I would be happy to talk to you and give you all the answers you need
Glenn
work 8522 0650
mobile 0417 888 412

Reply #29652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous #29631

You seem to have a problem with people asking for an answer to what you see as "useless facts". This I believe is an open forum. The Lions parent is not being offensive or attacking, so whats the problem?

Reply #29753 | Report this post

Lions Parent  
Years ago

Glenn,

Thanks but no thanks, I really only wanted to know if anybody else in the world understood the phrase.

Reply #29770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lions Parent

You just may be they type of parent that Clubs don't want. Happy to bitch on the sidelines but won't get pro-active and actually do anything about it or go to the correct source to find the information. Did I spell everthing right?

Reply #29771 | Report this post

Stella Artois  
Years ago

I agree with anon. Lion parent, your club needs everybody all hands on deck to help the club. What have you done recently to help the club. Are part of the problem or solution?

Reply #29775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

:) lol no you spelt everything wrong...sorry i couldn't resist ;)

Reply #29776 | Report this post

Neo  
Years ago

Lions Parent,

A job title is simply that. Just a title. No one on this forum can tell you what it means unless they are involved with the Centrals Basketball Club or have asked themselves. Having a look around clubs you'll find Junior Coaching Directors, Junior Development Officers, a Junior Program Manager and a Junior Manager. What any of these titles mean is up to each individual club. A Junior Development Officer a one club may have a very different role to a Development Officer at another.

The point that the posters have been trying to make is that if you want to know then contact your club. If your too scared or simply can't be bothered then why are you there?

Reply #29777 | Report this post

Years ago

I am guessing that nobody is touching this thread with their own thoughts because you have obvious issues with centrals and on court development covers a wide range of things.From coaching the coaches to teaching the kids drills and skills that can be implemented into games, making sure they understand the why's and wherefore's of these.Also can cover the different terminology for different things that are an action or reaction on court.Its also about committment and attitude (finding the coachable athlete that responds to any form of coaching.Having said all that it is very much open to the interpretation of each person trying to implement ON COURT DEVELOPMENT. Not rocket science,but some times progress can appear slow because you have to go right back to the basics as a starting point

Reply #29778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG they just asked what something meant and you guys start carrying on. Just cuz its useless to one person doesnt mean it is to the next, I thought it was a legit question.

Reply #29814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And there have been plenty of legit answers. The one that matters being contact the club which created the position in the first place if you want to know!

Reply #29815 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hmmm, the simple solution to this thread is to read the only two relevant posts, (#2632) and (#29652).

Lion Parent, you asked an appropriate question, and probably one of the best people in the Centrals organisation offered you an answer by contacting him. It's up to you to determine if you want that answer or not.

I can't imaging Glenn going around to every person linked to Centrals and asking if they are Lion Parent as he can provide an answer.

Reply #29822 | Report this post

midas touch  
Years ago

Anonnymous. #29814. Yes the question was fair and legitimate. BUT, I think you need to read all the posts by Lion PArent to put the responses he/she has got in perspective. It has been made obvious that:
1. They have issues with Centrals and want to annonymously discuss the details of the issues on this forum. The issues really arent the business of a public forum that the entire basketball community read.
2. They have no intention on trying to approach the club directly to discuss the issues and help solve them.
3. THey are one of these people that come up with great ideas that sound good in theory and go around telling everyone they can have ideas and COULD do it better but never actually put their hand up. What they dont realise are that the club probably has similar plans / ideas to them but in practice these ideas are sometimes more difficult to achieve. Perhaps it would be easier to achieve if Lion Parent got involved, raised the issues directly with the club and helped out in some way.

Reply #29824 | Report this post

Lions Parent  
Years ago

This has all gotten way out of hand. I just wanted a simple answer to a simple question. My reasons for wanting to know about "court development" was to evaluate the fairness of Glenn Shaws contract with Centrals. I was hoping to determine if I personally thought he was being asked to do too much in the time allocated. I dont want to go and ask Glenn what he does with his time, thats his business. My business is to determine if my kids have a secure future at Centrals.

Reply #29829 | Report this post

midas touch  
Years ago

I would think your kids definately have a future at Centrals.

Reply #29835 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

With people like Glenn starting to get around the Club then your kids will be looked after and developed.

Reply #29872 | Report this post

WAK  
Years ago

some of you people are way too angry with the world... chill out a bit! This is a DISCUSSION forum, so how about DISCUSSING and not berating.

Reply #29921 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754