thedoctor
Years ago

Advertiser Today - Power to the Fans!

Sixers management finally listen to the fans

Good to see a few issues and ideas raised on this forum taken seriously and listened to. Pity there is no mention of stadium catering. Soggy hot dogs will remain.

The whole Mark Bradtke issue was not dealt with. Higgins saying it was "unlikely" we could have offered him what he wanted.

I wasn't aware that Higgins was psychic and able to know what Bradtke wanted without speaking to him. Amazing.

Topic #2633 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

Well done i was happy with the article as it finally FINALLY opened up and let us know that there will be changes to the dome and that maybe they do listen to us mere fans

Reply #29626 | Report this post

Lions Parent  
Years ago

About time, maybe now I can take all the family instead of just the 2 of us.

Reply #29630 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Looks like Higgins has stepped up to answers the questions that have been asked on here for months.

Agreed re Bradtke though even if it was $5 you will still offer ot to him...you never know what the oposition is thinking!!

Most positive bball article in the press all year.

Reply #29633 | Report this post

Mustafah  
Years ago

About bloody time that we heard from Sixers Management. I hope these ticket price slashes are the same for season tickets.

Reply #29636 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Finally, a response! Now, was that so hard!?

Reply #29639 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

About time we heard an actual response. Good to see that maybe they haven't forgotten about the fans and are trying to get the 6ers back to that frendly and very inviting club.

Should definatley be an interesting year, hopefully we can get some big crowds out again with the lower ticket prices.

Should be interesting to see what they have planned for their innovative half-time shows etc

Reply #29645 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Also in the paper today, news that the Unley Council has been forced to extend a $500,000 loan to BASA because of the association's financial difficulties.

BASA has promised the council that it will be able to start repaying the loan within 12 months.

Reply #29656 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Unley council was forced? What is BASA planning to do about all this debt that they have?

Reply #29658 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Why would BASA need to borrow money from Unley Council?

I am guessing it is for Pasadena.

What happened then to the insurance money from Sturt when it burnt down???

Reply #29659 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kent, it's to do with Wayville.

Bizzy, "forced" in that they didn't really have another choice, I suspect. Best choice for the council and a fortunate decision for BASA.

Reply #29662 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I though the show grounds which Wayville is part of was owned by a private company.

Strange that a council would lend money for the improvement to a facility that is owned privately.

Thinking about it Pasadena would be under the Mitcham councils control so it has to relate to Wayville.

Reply #29669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good for fans with the price drop. Does anyone know what they were tlking about with zones and how season tickets will be affected.

Reply #29674 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Zones will simply mean that you pay more for a better seat and less for one further back.

One zone, for example, might be the back corners and back three rows. Another would be behind the baskets, etc.

Why it hasn't always been this way, I don't know. NBA games have 9 or so zones at least.

Reply #29680 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Excellent to see management trying to pack the place out. Hopefully more families can afford to attend mataches.

Reply #29684 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Yeh,i hope the $50 family ticket really takes off,great to see the stadium packed out again.
Good to hear from management,positive news indeed.

Are the team photos going to be re-made smaller? Probly gonna run out of room in a couple of years!!!

Reply #29733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With a cut in door prices I hope it wont cost $30 to park your car.

Reply #29735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and $17 for a Coke

Reply #29736 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:44 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754