Scooby Doo
Years ago

Need to drop the stadium into a bucket of Domestos

Well finally the Advertiser has devoted a page to basketball! Lower admission next year, BASA- great idea, why didn't someone else think of that?

What do you think of the Domestos comment? If I had never gone to a Sixers game and I read that the stadium is disgusting and needs to be dropped into a huge bucket of something that stops germ and bacteria breeding I don't think I'd buy a ticket next year.

Topic #2636 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed. I've never thought of the Dome as dirty before. I think people expect a bit of mess given that it's a sporting venue used by up to 7800 people on a night. But for people who haven't been before or haven't been in a while, reading that paragraph would be a big turn-off.

Reply #29708 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think what he was saying was that he knows the stadium isn't the cleanest and that they are going to do something about it. I think he was also referring to comments he received from spectators complaining about the standard and cleanliness of the stadium.

I for sure will be buying a ticket or 10.

Reply #29709 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

But I think your right Isacc, if you don't know the stadium and haven't seen inside then it would definately be a turn-off to any potential new-comer fans.

Reply #29710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the dome is disgusting the build up of dirt especially on the floors in some of the female toilets is beyond belief and take a look at the grim and dirt around the base of each chair the stadium has only had a cursory clean for a decade

i agree with the domestos comment it does need a big clean up and i for one will be happy when it happens.

Reply #29722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My son played U10s last saturday morning down there and complained afterwards that the court was slippery. Suprising comment considering he spends alot of time sitting on it, and from a 7 year old?

Reply #29725 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

It's a basketball stadium not a freaking hospital. lets be honest, it aint that bad, i think you're over reacting.

Reply #29726 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

I have never thought that the stadium was that bad but I just think that it's not going to help out the marketing department when comments come out like that in big bold writing saying that it is a dirty place. I feel sorry for the marketing people sometimes.

They have a great product to sell but it seems BASA do everything they can to stop them doing there job well. First ticket prices - they have fixed that, Not signing players they are fixing that but why make silly comments that degrade the product you sell? you are not Lying if you only tell people the good things!

Reply #29751 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

Bizzy how old are you? I think the tickets are only $10 for the kiddies and 15 for adults

Reply #29752 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I think he has said that the stadium has been overdue for a thorough clean and we can expect the domw to be sparkling for opening night.

It can be a negative or a positive depending on how you look at it....just love the fact that Higgins seems to have got some teeth!

Reply #29757 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah it may be a little dirty but do you really need to come out and say it? just clean it up and people will notice next time they come. People will be turned off from going by the dirty environment but no one is going to go because its clean. As for cash changes thats great.

Reply #29758 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

I never thought of the Dome as dirty but you no, I never really have taken notice of that stuff. It would be good for it to get a good cleaning though, first impressions last for the new comers and people will enjoy them self's more in a cleaner environment.

Reply #29802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You think the Dome is Dirty what about the other staduims - Hillcrest, Pt Adelaide, Morphett Vale. We go play sport, a health thing in some on the filthest, Germ infested places. I know it not a hospital but just general cleaning and maintenance would be great. BASA need to lokk after ALL their Venues

Reply #29834 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Hey Scooby, I'm 19 why?

Reply #29906 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:08 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754