Stella Artois
Years ago

Rebuild your club

Centrals endeavours to improve as a club has sparked some interesting debate. What is the best way to rebuild your club when in lean times. Who would you recruit?

My hit list if i was president would be:

Dean Kinsmen: to coach a senior team
Paul Bell: as a player with view to be future president, this guy could end up a great administrator
Paul Arnott: General manager to facilitate operations between juniors and seniors and overall running of the playing side of the club
Paul Mesceke: JCD has the runs on the board
Scott Butler: can always do with an innovative, respected junior coach

Topic #2638 | Report this topic

incognito  
Years ago

Absolutely.

Butler, Mesecke or Arnott are the kind of guys that you would absolutely target.

Damian Weeks was an awesome JCD in the 90s.

Unfortunately there are not too many other JCDs types with the time, skills, achievements or passion in the state.

Reply #29727 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

I would recruit Jerry Combe to coach whatever team he wanted. Everything that guy touches turns to gold.

He has the Midas touch!

Reply #29745 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

I'd get Isaac to build the club's website.

I'd get J Bags to come up with the club's name and slogan: I'm guessing it would have the word "bags" in it somewhere.

I'd get Liam Flynn to use his US contacts to book Madison Square Garden as this team's home court.

Reply #29750 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Hey Satish, I'll ask Denzel to star in the movie made about the rebuilding club's first Senior championship....

Reply #29780 | Report this post

Manute's G-String  
Years ago

You'd need Administrator of the year "Sweens", to run your club from the office. What this man doesn't do just isn't worth doing.
Perhaps some lycra uniforms for the mens teams as well to attract the female suppporters. There is nothing a woman would like to see more than a decent set of meat and potatoes bouncing around on the floor - or so I'm told..........

Reply #29796 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

Well thankyou for the Vote of confidence in my ability.

I will spend teh weekend on thinking up an appropriate name.

Thankyou.

P.S- It'll be good, yet hilarious. As bags always store plenty of goodies

Reply #29895 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

This is all starting to come together - I like it.

I'd also get proactive and have the club become the first in the state to have its own tattooist. Each kid who plays for the 'Bags would receive a free tattoo of the club logo on starting and then get another free tattoo of their choice at the end of each season.

This is, of course, so as to maximise their chances of making it to the NBA, because apparently you can't get drafted these days without having your life story plastered all over your body in tattoos.

Reply #29925 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Following the teachings of Jennifer Aniston's employer in Office Space, each junior player would have to have a minimum allocation of "flair" be they tattoos, finger-catching bracelets, sweatbands, or other adornments.

Joanna: You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there Bryan, why don't you make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?
Stan, Chotchkie's Manager: Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself.
Joanna: You know what, I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it.

Reply #29929 | Report this post

Lumbergh  
Years ago

I like it. Court time will be associated with flair and tats.

Reply #29933 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Love the Office Space link Isaac. Fot those of you who don´t know who Lumberg is here is a sound board.
You should get right on that. M´Kay.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/officespace.html

Reply #30015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:22 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754