anon
Years ago

Rumour: Bogut offered Asst Coach position

Just heard a rumour, in light of inability to get properly insured as a player. Sydney are attempting to get him to agree to terms involving being an assistant coach for the duration of the lockout.

Topic #26382 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

apparently the sticking point for player insurance is the pre-existing condition of his elbow. By playing, he is at risk of causing further damage that would affect his long term ability to play in the NBA. It looks like basketball in Australia just doesn't have the dollars to protect the investment the NBA has in Andrew Bogut.

Reply #331642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope you're wrong this Bogut thing seems like it could be one massive cock tease.

Reply #331644 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

You will be surprised....I have good info the Insurance should be resolved momentarily as the wait was pushed out due to FIBA officials being @ Eurobasket. I expect a signing in the next week and half tops. These things take time, so ppl saying its a tease are delusional. Oh, and one player doesnt make a team either, Bogut will def help the blaze, 6ers or Kings, but can't single handedly win games (Check tigers last game Vs Wildcats, and how one player didnt alter the result)

Reply #331653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit of a difference between an NBA scrub in Mills and one of the best centres in the NBA in Bogut especially in a small league like the NBL.

Reply #331660 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

The biggest difference he will make is on the defensive end. He's one of the best defensive centres in the NBA, so wherever he goes will anchor their D around him. Don't expect 30 a game but expect the best D in the league.

Reply #331663 | Report this post

Vesta 98  
Years ago

Didn't he say he would wait until October when he said he was considering playing depending on the lockout.

Reply #331667 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

If BA can't afford his insurance I'm sure there are some European clubs who could.

Reply #331738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BA dont pay the insurance,

Reply #331751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers could affored to pay thier insurance...there biggest sponsor is an insurance broker i think..

Reply #331786 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:39 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754