DJ Rod
Years ago

Blitz: Blaze v 36ers

Blaze are tearing it up at the moment - just way too much firepower on offense!

Mike English is an entertainer with dunks and great passes - he had a massive put back dunk only for the ref to call him for over the back - are u kidding me?!?

Goulding (15pts) and Worthington have shot very well and Cadee has been pretty good distributing although he didnt shoot well. Will Hudson is going ok as well.

The 36ers are using Helliwell and Johnson together which is a bit weird to watch and for them too i think... Helliwell is only out there for setting big picks! Johnsonn is working hard inside for his 11 and 5.

Ng & Weigh have shot well and Chris Warren looks like a keeper even if his shot selection isnt great atm.

Topic #26386 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Cheers

Is there a link to this game?

Reply #331690 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

sorry I just found it

Live stats

Reply #331691 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

Blaze has their full roster playing dont they?

Reply #331692 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I watched the first half vide - www.nbl.com.au/sunshine/
Thought we were about to get blown away , but Weigh kept us in it , then Johnson started to get going.
Croswell struggling to get into the game.
Remember that Ballinger and Williamson are out
so Helliwell and Johnson are our only option there

Reply #331695 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Livestats are telling me we have a new signing called Daniel Johnsan!

Looks pretty good, considering he is top scoring!

Reply #331698 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Thanks DJ, keep the updates coming!

Reply #331699 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

you can see we miss those extra players when you are up against a full team, thats is a worry. Still good production from DJ, Warren and Weigh.

Reply #331700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James Harvey did not play for the blaze

Reply #331701 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yep, lack of rebounding and an inability to defend the paint are what the boxscore is suggesting:
Reb 41-26 to the Blaze
Pts in the paint 44-30 Blaze
FG% 58-41 Blaze

We need Balls and Williamson back ASAP.

At least we have shot FT's well 16/17 and Chris Warren looks like he can shoot the ball. Weigh has got to the line well too.

DJ with 23 and 10, but 8/21 FG is not going to get it done when the games start for real.

Reply #331702 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They were without Petrie it seems.

Looks like a shocker from Crosswell going by the stats. What is it with 36er teams and the third quarter!?

Reply #331703 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes, two good players injured , then Herbert n Creek foul out and Crosswell 6 turnovers , we gonna struggle.

Reply #331704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Looks like a shocker from Crosswell going by the stats. What is it with 36er teams and the third quarter!?'

Couldn't agree more Isaac, Adelaide games generally play out very predictably, we always have a shocking third quarter, back when we were a great team it would make games close, but since we generally suck these days, it costs us games.

Reply #331719 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Still think Helliwell is a dud signing for you blokes. The only think that would justify his signature is if he were had on the cheap.

Reply #331725 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

We paid fifty thousand , two hundred twenty seven dollars and fifty five cents.

Reply #331752 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Mr bEn - Helliwell was the last signing, so would have come cheap. Not a bad signing for a 10th man, if he is used like one.

If he plays major minutes, I'm worried.

Reply #331757 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I heard Helliwell cost around $40-50k. Probably subsidised by Melbourne who apparently had him on a $155k deal I think it was. Can't see him playing big minutes when the team are at full strength - already enough players to find time for.

Forgot to look for Harvey on the boxscore - broken hand.

I know that Balls and Williamson are starters and will have big impacts when they're back, but we really need to avoid falling in a hole (third quarter). So many other teams can weather these storms better, regardless of who they're missing. Someone like Perth lose Redhage and can still get it done. Admittedly it's a youngish team (besides Crosswell) but only Ballinger is really going to change that so it shouldn't be a huge excuse. Time for Johnson, Weigh, etc to step up in those weak patches if they're going to be power players in the future, and arrest a decline. Both are on the cusp IMO and capable of doing that.

Reply #331764 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754