Camel 31
Years ago

Adelaide vs Sydney

Looks like Aaron Bruce wants to win this one early.

Topic #26398 | Report this topic

sunnycoast  
Years ago

Warren already with 9 assists looks like he'll make a massive difference this year

Reply #331852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers have done well to pull back a 16 point deficit at the end of the first to be up by 1 at the end of the third ..... and no third quarter fade away

Reply #331853 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

damn weigh is kickin arse

Reply #331854 | Report this post

sunnycoast  
Years ago

Weigh / Johnson / Warren are huge great win bring on the season great effort

Reply #331855 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

who were the people bagging weigh when we got him?

Reply #331856 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

Nice work 6ers, good turnaround, Weigh & DJ shot the ball real well, an Warrens assists are awesome to see. got my seas tix in the mail today so with this as well im gettin super excited for the season tip off

Reply #331858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weigh and Johnson have been looking good all preseason!

Reply #331859 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Based on his Pre season form, Johnson would have to be one of the favourites for Most Improved this season.

Reply #331864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

STR070 I was one of the guys who wasnt quite sure Weigh was/is the consistant star type player, people and the media have made him out to be... what about it?

Reply #331865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aaron bruce and d.j will battle it out for MIP.. depends on how many minutes dj will get when ballinger and williamson come back tho.. i think aaron will win it if he continues his form

Reply #331867 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

nothing, apart from you being wrong.

Reply #331870 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Really really really impressed with DJ since he has been given a chance.

Also been impressed with weigh and warren in the games i have followed and watched.

Finals even?

Reply #331871 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Well thats a better result! Much more balanced scoring in this game by the looks. I wonder if Marty pushed Weigh and Warren to take the game on more and told DJ to be a little more selective with his shots?
7/10 FG and 7/9 FT is exactly the kind of line I want to see from DJ this season.

I'd be interested to know how Khazzouh got into foul trouble. Can someone who saw the game recall how he got most of them? Did DJ or Weigh draw defensive fouls out of him or were they offensive fouls?

Super happy about Warren's line as well: 16 pts with 3/7 3FG , 5/6 FT and 11 AST. Just what you want from your PG. Hopefully the Hoop Gods are finally smiling on the Sixers with their import PG selection!

Reply #331872 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Helliwell did his bit.
Croswell struggled to get into the game.

(Williamson looks like a million dollars , to quote a phrase. He's gotta presence on him. At training , all our players eyes are on him.)

Reply #331873 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

Happy they got the win as put some cash on it at 2.85. Being on the season. Wish games were on telly

Reply #331874 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Was at the game tonight. Very poor start, Bruce running riot early.

Weigh played very well from start to finish. He's the type of tall slasher/shooter we have been missing for a while now. Works very hard off the ball and on D. If he plays like that all year he will be a fan favourite.

Actually surprised at Warren's stats. Felt like he wasn't in the game for long patches. He definitely is a pass-first PG (unlike Bruce who was trigger-happy all night)

Grant was rubbish. without serious improvement he won't last. Not sure if anyone has seen any of his other games? He should have dominated tonight against Johnson.

Khazzouh was very good, but Sydney could use another talented big. Anyone know any out-of-work 7 footers? :)

Herbert was good on D. Shot it a bit too much. Creek played hard all game, but struggled to get into a groove.

Good come from behind win in the end, missing two starters.

Jacob Holmes at the game sitting with the Wildcats guys. Anyone know if he's playing with them?

Reply #331875 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Glad to see we got the win, yea i think Weigh is a great pick up, IMO he is the best Aussie player to change clubs in the NBL so was very glad we got him.

Yea Warren is looking good in pre-season and is actually a point guard.

Lets hope Williamson is able to play soon he is the one im most curious to see play, if he is anything close to Chris Williams we will have a great season IMO.

Reply #331876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im standing my resistance to declare Weigh more than a 'sometimes' star, he isnt there just yet, and any game when Aaron bruce can for 26, really does show it may have been a biazare contest!

Hopefully Weigh is the real deal, but lets further discuss this on its merits with 4 rounds to play and hopefully all to play for!

Reply #331877 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Weigh's shooting is inconsistent, and one pre-season game does nothing to change that. The rest of his game has quietly developed and he is a good solid player. If he can consistently hit his three point shot, and/or take more shots from within his range, he will be a very good NBL player.

He is only young, a very good pick-up in my books.

Reply #331886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've played 4 Preseason games and has been top 2 scorer in each of them (with Johnson?) that's a good sign consistency wise. He's essentially 4/4 offensively so far and rebounding strongly.

Reply #331890 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

Weigh will be a gun i reckon hes a smart player who can get his pts an plays hard, an i never understood all the hate on Bruce, he was a Boomer in the WC's an R.O.Y with the 6ers, i expect Bruce (although trigger happy) to bew a very good pg in this league for alot of years.

Reply #331896 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Bruce did play well. He looks fit and confident, and is probably going to have to score a fair bit for Sydney to win games.

Reply #331900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They only beat sydney

Reply #331901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and sydney beat NZ

Reply #331902 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Weigh will shine with the 6ers.. got lost in the crowd at Perth. I understand why he made the move.

Reply #331911 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

And made it to the grand final playoff (on percentage)

Reply #331914 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754